PS6.5 or PS7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS6.5 or PS7

Not to start rumors or anything, but the Macworld convention is next month (see Calendar) and popular opinion is that Adobe will be launching new versions of several of their applications there, including Photoshop.

They've had a LOT of pressure put on them by the Mac community (which you probably are aware have a huge say in Photoshop development) because the current version doesn't play well with the new OS X Mac operating system. So, with that and the recent introduction of Windows XP, I'd say it's just about inevitable that we'll be seeing a new version.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Wait!! I haven't learned how to use 5.0 yet!

Ed

Comment

No doubt this one will not cooperate well with Windows, just to level the playing field. Tom

Comment

I knew I should have waited a while longer before getting 6. I always get the upgrade just before the new upgrade comes out.
        DJ

Comment

I've seen and used the beta for OSX. It's got a ways to go before it makes it to "production" status. If they can iron out the bugs and speed it up before Jan. MacWorld......it'll be nothing short of a miracle. It sure is pretty though

The new "browse" feature is really cool. It allows you to scan folders and view all thumbnails instead of clicking on a file to see a thumbnail.

Still playing around with it.....

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
            Why your next Photoshop computer should be a Mac
            by Doug Nelson
            I'll say right now I don't own a Mac, and I've never owned a Mac. But my next computer will be a Mac. I was planning on switching the last time I upgraded my computer, but my old computer died on a Friday and I had a deadline the following Monday, so I had to run out and spend my upgrade budget on a...
            08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
          • DannyRaphael
            Photoshop 7 (Mac) - $259
            by DannyRaphael
            RE: P7 for Mac (academic version)

Based on Doug's reply below, I'm pulling this.

Though the seller is affiliated with a university and purchased it legally, but never installed it (he just got a PC + Win PS7), I did not realize he would be in violation by selling it....
            09-11-2002, 09:33 PM
          • plugsnpixels
            Windows 8 DP
            by plugsnpixels
            You can now download the Developer's Preview of Windows 8 here. This is a screenshot of my installation on a Mac using Parallels 6 (you can only do a clean install so PC users might not want to try this!)....
            09-13-2011, 10:35 PM
          • Lasa
            Mac updates
            by Lasa
            I don't have a clue of what I am saying so bear with me.
            My father has a MAC 0S X.1 to upgrade to 10.2 (or higher)
            are they all upgrades you need to buy or are they auto (free) upgrades..I know nothing of MAC's (I'm trying to help him)

I ask because from 10.1 to 10.2 doesn't...
            02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
          • KenB
            Photoshop CS system requirements
            by KenB
            Adobe lists
            Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 or Windows XP
            as a system requirement. Since I have Windows ME, I'm wondering if anyone is running Photoshop CS on ME. Will it run on less than Adobe has listed?

Ken
            11-04-2003, 08:53 AM
          Working...
          X