Photoshop elements 2.0 help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop elements 2.0 help please?

This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myself. It looks like this is a great forum with great advice and i hope to learn and prosper form all that is here. I love playing around with my photoshop elements program (and yes I do need to get a newer version) but it has always worked fine until now.

My problem may be something due to some spyware I've picked up, or an incapatability with my most recent Vista updates. But I am trying to work on a pic of my 9 month old son (yes he is precious) and I was trying to use the magnetic lasso. The problem is, when I get about half of the image traced the picture seems to refresh and I lose what has been traced. Instead it seems to just pick random pixels around the area I have tried to trace. Is there any known issues with this and vista recently? I've never had this problem before.

Thanks to any advice in advance.

Re: Photoshop elements 2.0 help please?

Hi:
    Try resetting the tool. The tool reset is in the options bar..... I can't remember about 2.0 it might be in Edit>preferences.

If nothing works try: Restart Editor, then hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after launching the Editor. You Have to be Quick. You will get a dialog box asking if you want to delete the Elements settings,Say yes. This returns all the settings to normal. This usually cures the majority of problems you may run into with Elements. I'm really don't think it's a spyware problem as Elements and Vista can be a little quirky at times.

Hankw

Comment

Re: Photoshop elements 2.0 help please?

Thanks. I will give those suggestions a try.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• HoosierDaddy
        Photoshop 2.0 elements help please.
        by HoosierDaddy
        This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myself. It looks like this is a great forum with great advice and i hope to learn and prosper form all that is here. I love playing around with my photoshop elements program (and yes I do need to get a newer version) but it has always worked fine...
        04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
      • den4ever
        Elements 2.0
        by den4ever
        I know its old but until today it has served me well. I am getting the following message:-

An unexpected & unrecoverable problem has occurred because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit.

I have tried reinstalling & rebooting but still get the same response....
        11-02-2007, 01:14 PM
      • Dezzy
        Photoshop from Elements 11
        by Dezzy
        Can someone tell latest version of Photoshop. there are CC versions which I think are cloud use and do they require internet connection. And are CS versions on the computer and don't need internet connections. Or is Elements 11 good enough without upgrading to a full photoshop ???
        01-27-2017, 11:29 PM
      • MartyA
        New to Elements 7
        by MartyA
        Hi,

I'm an After Effects using that wanted to be able to import PSD files with layers and Elements seems to work well (which is good since I can't afford PhotoShop right now).

However, I see that when working in Elements, I can't pull guides from the rulers, which is something...
        02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
      • bglogo
        Can't Browse after HPA2 install!!!
        by bglogo
        I recently installled HPA2 and since then have not been able to use the 'File->Browse' in Elements to browse and open photos. I've tried clicking on the 'Browse' icon and using the 'Shift-Ctrl-O' shortcut but none of them work. Is Elements corrupted or is this a normal bug with HPA2? I'm using...
        06-03-2003, 04:26 AM
      Working...
      X