Edited preferences-Elements won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited preferences-Elements won't open

I'm running Vista on a PC. Today I edited my preferences in Elements 5 to use my external drive as a scratch disk. I also installed the Impressionist filter in an added folder within my main Adobe folder. I did this for Photoshop 7 and it worked fine. I made the exact same change in Elements, and now it won't open. I get two windows;

Could not initialize Photoshop Elements because the files is locked. Use the 'Properties' command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file.

and

The action you have requested could not be completed because the application is not responding. It may still be loading or waiting for a response from you.

I have re-started my computer. I went to Start and right clicked Properties and can't find anything there that might apply.

HELP!!!

KathyN
    Last edited by KathyNinMD; 08-16-2008, 10:23 AM. Reason: typos

Re: Edited preferences-Elements won't open

Here is the Readme file for the Impressionist plug-in:

The folder "Impressionist Accessories” goes here:
    (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\Impressionist Accessories)

The file " Impressionist.8bf ” must go here:
    (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\Impressionist.8bf)
    Not in the Impressionist Accessories folder.

You may need to copy these two DLL files (MSVCRT10.DLL/plugin.dll) to C:/Windows/System in order for some filters to work.

Just substitute 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' with 'Photoshop Elements 5.0'. That is the way I have it set up in PSE5.

Juergen

Comment

Working...
    X