No announcement yet.

How do I get CMYK mode with PSE 8?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• kentronix
    CMYK in elements 3, is it workable ?
    kentronix
    Hi guys, I have been a photoshop user for many years and am happy and used to the way it works. In my new job I cant justify the expense of the full photoshop so am looking to switch to elements. I have been given a full retail copy of elements 3 but am aware it doesnt handle cmyk.

I...
    08-31-2009, 07:11 AM
  • raysa
    cmyk photo profiles
    raysa
    A newsletter that I produce is going to full colour and the printer requires the pictures in cmyk, which I can't do currently.

I am thinking of buying Photoshop Elements 5 but I understand it doesn't have a cmyk conversion facility. Can I achieve this with PE plus a Hidden Power tool...
    08-01-2007, 02:15 PM
  • semu
    CMYK Conversion
    semu
    I have incurable cancer, last yr was given 2 wks to live but currently am doing great. My children ages 26 and 29, asked me to leave writings for them and their future children. I have written a children's book for future grandchildren and illustrated it in watercolors. (Haven't done any art for 35...
    12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
  • P. Erickson
    CMYK support avail. in HPPSE5?
    P. Erickson
    Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so this is what I think is the
    second place. Just want a quick answer to whether or not the
    Hidden Powers tools for PSE5 allows you to save an image in CMYK?
    Need to produce CMYK file for CD publisher for the cover...
    04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
  • mike60640
    Differences/tips in working in CMYK
    mike60640
    I'd like to talk about all the differences of working on CMYK images (versus RGB) in photoshop.

Most of my retouching work has been in RGB. On rare occasions, clients have thrown me a CMYK image to make corrections on, and i have been ok. But, I have not explored all the things i need...
    08-25-2009, 02:56 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get CMYK mode with PSE 8?

I'm looking to convert RGB to CMYK mode within PhotoShop Elements 8. I'm told that I might need a plug-in to do this, can anyone recommend a good one?

Re: How do I get CMYK mode with PSE 8?

AFAIK PSE 8 will not allow you to convert and as you have established you will either need a plug in or way to overcome the application shortcomings.

Never used it but if you follow the link for Filtermeister it does appear to allow you to change Colour Space so may be usable FilterMeister . You will have to do some research to establish just what you need to get you started.

Doug made a post recently about using Channels in Elements - although written for RGB it may be possible to use for CMY but I am unsure how you would go about getting the black channel other than playing with high contrast image to mimic the K channel. http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sof...to-layers.html

An alternative maybe to download the Gimp software and CMYK plug in which is either freeware or shareware - just do a google search for The Gimp

Comment

You can pick up a copy of Richard Lynch's Hidden Power of Elements books on Amazon for 11 cents (plus shipping). They're a few versions old, and I doubt any of the actions will still work, but they have quite a lot of info about working with CMYK in Elements. You can read the Hidden Power support forums here for some tips.

But eventually you'll want Photoshop for CMYK. If you only have a one-shot need, get the 30-day trial version. If it comes up more than once, it will be worth the investment for the full version.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

If you happen to be on the Mac, it can do such conversions inside the ColorSync utility. Open the document there, at the bottom of the dialog showing the image are popup menus for conversion to an output space, including CMYK.

Comment

Hello pworkman,
          A belated thank you for this thread, also thank you Andrew Rodney for the enlightenment regarding the ColorSync utility on the Mac. So much to learn for a 1931 vintage brain.
          Regards
          jimbo

Comment

Working...
          X