How to change Default image size in PS Elements12

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rex
    Image Size
    by Rex
    What ho one and all,

I'm working on some tiff images, the originals being NEF files. They are saved as approx. 5000 x 3400 pixels (A3) and the file size is listed as 99.6mb. That is usually how I like things.

But these images take forever to load, and even longer to...
    11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
  • ogee
    How to reduce an image size
    by ogee
    I have downloaded a large number of professionally scanned pages from old newspapers and the files are huge (5MB+)...I would like to share a large number of them but want to lessen the file size as well as highlight passages on each page without increasing the file size. I also want to be able to print...
    11-21-2013, 11:34 AM
  • jeaniesa
    Resizing images for RetouchPRO
    by jeaniesa
    Many people seem to have questions on how to resize images under the 100KB(*) limit needed to upload images to RetouchPRO. I wrote this a few days ago and since more questions are popping up, I thought I’d post it for everyone.

(*)Actually, the 100KB limit applies to the forums only....
    11-19-2002, 09:11 PM
  • sirrduke2010
    How to size things in Photoshop?
    by sirrduke2010
    I used to think it was easy to size in Photoshop and then I discovered that the images I resized in Photoshop weren't the size I sized them for. In other words I resized an image to 100 kb only to find out that the image was 10kb after the sizing. Checking the size of an image in Photoshop for me...
    01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
  • sirrduke2010
    What is the true image size?
    by sirrduke2010
    I recently downloaded a photo to some software to shrink the photo which worked. The program was "Imagewell." After editing the picture to 106 kb in size I transfered the photo to Aperture and iphoto. Both programs agree with the size of Image well. I then transferred the image to photoshop...
    12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change Default image size in PS Elements12

Hi, when I scan a JPEG image into Elements 12, the file size is 8 wide inches x 24 high inches which is much too large to send be as an email attachment so my question is, how do I reset the default size of the a JPEG image that I scanned into PS Elements 12?

Thank you
    Bob

Re: How to change Default image size in PS Element

It has nothing to do with PS. Read your scanner instruction. If you want to resize go to Image-resize

Comment

How to change Default image size in PS Element

Thank you Tulack, I'll check out the settings on my Brother MFC-7460DN Multi-Function All-In-One printer.
      Bob

Comment

Re: How to change Default image size in PS Element
        • After scanning the file save it as JPEG.
        • Open the scanned image in PS (File-->Open menu)
        • Go to Image menu -- >Image size (Adjust the document size as per the need)
        • After resize, go to File menu-- > Save for web option(Select JPEG) and reduce the quality

Comment

Working...
        X