eliptical marquee tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eliptical marquee tool

I hold down alt and drag from the center to create a oval selection of a photo. When I release the mouse button, the selection snaps to a circle. What in the world is going on?

Chuck

software

Elements 2, Win XP

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• T Paul
      Selection Tool
      by T Paul
      You can use the selection tool to make copies of your selection quickly and easily. My standard practice for copying a selection is to select it then copy (Ctrl+C), paste (Ctrl+V). However, I just learned a neat little trick today.

1. Open an image
      2. Pick a selection tool...
      06-16-2005, 11:56 AM
    • Tony_Tea
      Using Transform Selection Tool
      by Tony_Tea
      I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. What is the transform selection tool supposed to do? When I try to use it I do the following (PSE6 with PSE6 tools).
      1) Load image
      2) Make a selection
      3) Click on the transform select icon in the Effects menu
      4) Rotate, resize or whatever...
      11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
    • jonk
      Elliptical Marquee Tool - Accuracy
      by jonk
      Hi Everyone!

I am trying to use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to select an existing oval background. However, I am having problems trying to get it to line up correctly/evenly with the oval background. Is there a key press that would allow me to adjust the position and/or size once it's...
      02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
    • bestremera
      Polygon Lasso tool closes by itself
      by bestremera
      My polygon lasso tool closes by itself before I complete the selection. After I make several clicks, the screen blinks and the tool has closed the link at the last point. I'm pretty good with the pen tool but I still want my lasso to work when things just need something simple and easy.
      How...
      02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
    • maverick911
      Fine Tuning Marquee Tool
      by maverick911
      When a selection has been made with the rectangular marquee tool, is there any way to fine tune it to the required selection?
      10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
    Working...
    X