What To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What To Do

I am being told by the only close lab, that uses a Fuji Frontier printer, that it does not matter the color profile I use because they only use the Fuji one and there is none for Elements just photoshop.

He made it sound like no matter what I do there is no gurantee that the print will match what I see on my monitor. I can come close if I buy the spyder or just match to a print from the machine.

What good are color profiles when it seems no one pays any attention to them.

They are forcing people to print their on images.

What good is it to buy these expensive Photoshop programs if the lab is going to do their on color adjustment or even if you tell them on adjustment there is a great chance the picture will come back looking different then what you saw on your monitor.

Good News. All Fuji Frontiers use the basic sRGB profile. I've had great success just using the standard sRGB profile (not Adobe's sRGB).

Also, no matter how accurate a profile you have, to get the best results, send a test image, match to screen, and make appropriate adjusments. There's no getting around it.
    Vikki

Comment

Vikki is right on. Whether you use profiles or not you should always test to see what you are going to get.

Profiles are not magic. They should just be a means of improving results if you use them at all. You should very well be able to get results without them.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Reimar
        color space in Elements
        by Reimar
        I need to send a finished image to a lab with a Durst Lambda for enlargements. After upsampling in Qimage, I notice that my files are in an "untagged RGB" colorspace. This may be why I have had trouble getting my calibrated monitor to match some lab prints. I use "no color management"...
        12-23-2003, 10:16 AM
      • alisam
        Color Management (yet again)
        by alisam
        Tools:
        Photoshop Elements 2 - v2.0.2
        The Hidden Power of Elements 2 book and tools installed
        Free tools by Richard Lynch installed
        Dell 17” LCD Monitor
        Canon CP-200 4” x 6” Dye Sub Printer
        Canon S500/IXUS Camera
        ColorVision ColorPlus Monitor Calibration...
        12-14-2004, 05:48 PM
      • mantra
        help to get great prints in a pro studio lab
        by mantra
        hi

what do I need to print in a pro studio lab?

do i need the profile of the paper or/and the colors (used by the machine used for the print) ?

is a must must i install these profile in my os?

or is enough use photoshop ? (proof setup...
        04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
      • petercook80
        Calibration !
        by petercook80
        HI, I am unsure on what to expect with system calibration and printer profiling. I have a Epson Photo R200 printer and use Epson Inks and Paper, Photoshop Elements 2 and an LCD monitor which is calibrated with ColourWizzard software, I also have a piece of software called Nova DigiColour which helps...
        07-25-2006, 04:04 AM
      • ScottG
        Epson Stylus Photo color problem
        by ScottG
        I have an Epson Photo Stylus 960 that I am having some trouble with. When I priont from Photoshop Elements 5, the prints are SIGNIFICANTLY darker than the on-screen image that I have adjusted.

To answer the first question, no the monitor is not calibrated, but I don't think that is...
        10-19-2008, 05:35 PM
      Working...
      X