Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing default save format from psd to jpeg

Hi,
    Fixing up a bunch of Jpeg images and want to resave them in jpeg. Photoshop, of course, wants you to save them in psd by default. Is there a method so you don't have to go through all the key strokes to change from psd to jpeg for each image you save? Is there a method to permanently change the default save file type to jpeg?

It'll only ask you to save them as a PSD if you've done something to the file that can't be saved as a jpeg, such as using layers.

If you've got a plain flat file that was originally a jpg, it'll still default to jpg.

One way of bypassing the problem is to write an action that saves as a jpg to a specified folder, and running that action each time instead of doing save as.

Victoria

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Darkness
      Better to save in tiff or psd?
      by Darkness
      Friends:

After I post process my image in Photoshop, is it better to save in Photoshop or Tiff format? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks amigos?

Migs
      07-06-2011, 06:15 AM
    • inskip
      help w/ JPEG
      by inskip
      I have a new digital camera and the first batch of pics are jpegs. I don't use jpegs much unless it's to make a copy a file (like psd) for web viewing, so, I rarely start w/ a jpeg image. Anyway, I like some of these pics and want to save them to a disk and possibly work on them in PS7. But, I'm under...
      05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
    • kathleen
      make me understand re lossy
      by kathleen
      please.

if you have a psd open, and you change it to a jpeg, and you change it right back to a psd without ever having closed it as a jpg, do you lose anything?

i am thinking re storage. recently lost my hard drive, had my most critical stuff on zip disks, which @ the...
      10-16-2001, 04:13 PM
    • kenwood
      Save to what format?
      by kenwood
      Hi I have been saving to psd format to preserve layer information but the resulting file is too big (50-100mb each). Is there an alternative?
      08-15-2008, 10:25 AM
    • Gerald McClaren
      Save unfinish photo as Jpeg or Tiff
      by Gerald McClaren
      I would like to know if the picture you are restoring is a Jpeg and you restore part of the picture, do you save the unfinish photo as a Jpeg or Tiff.

Gerald McClaren
      09-21-2005, 12:53 AM
    Working...
    X