Copy and Paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and Paste

How do I get an image into photo shop with a copy and paste? I have been saving the images first and then opening them in CS. There has to be a copy and paste. I use psp and all I do is copy and then paste with a right click right into the canvas. How is this done in photoshop? Neb

If you open photoshop with no file open within it and then chose file->new, it will automatically suggested your clipboard size for the new document and after creating the paste command will be available. Another method is dragging a file into the photoshop window. So if your window is not full screen, then you can select the file and then drag it into the open workspace and photoshop will automatically open it in the workspace.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up on this function.
      The drag did not work it just brought an empty white canvas.

Opening a canvas and doing the paste worked well!!

Thanks so much for helping!! NEB

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sonix
        Cut and paste from other program to photoshop
        by sonix
        Hi there,

I have tried to cut and paste some tables in microsoft word into photoshop, but I always have problems that some parts are missing like the table line, the number get cut off.

Am I missing anything here? is there a proper way to do it?

What i did...
        04-13-2003, 10:18 AM
      • drhiii
        Background border help please
        by drhiii
        Am trying to learn how to do the following:

I have an image that I size down to say 900 x 600. I then select it and copy it to clipboard.

I have a file that I use as a boiler plate background. I open the file up, it is exactly 1024 by 768. I then paste the previously...
        09-08-2003, 04:19 AM
      • Caravaggio
        Getting AI paths into photoshop
        by Caravaggio
        I have a AI file that has a logo for a product. I want to get the path for the logo and bring it into photoshop to place it on an image. How do I get a path from an AI file to export into photoshop? I am able to open the AI file in photoshop, but the paths only appear when I open the file in illustrator....
        12-11-2010, 07:49 AM
      • dextermccall
        Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension fr
        by dextermccall
        When I double click on a .JPG file it will not open by Photoshop. It wants to use viewer.exe. I went as far as trashing viewer.exe. I have tried to change the View-->Folder-->options-->File Type. and I get a message: The extension '.JPG' is already in use by file type 'ViewerFrameClass'....
        05-24-2015, 11:19 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        File Association Editor (Open With)
        by Doug Nelson
        I'm looking for a Windows utility that can edit what shows up under Open With when you rightclick on a document. Something easier to use than the NirSoft app.
        01-16-2015, 08:00 AM
      Working...
      X