not a valid win32 apllication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a valid win32 apllication

Had to restore my PC a few weeks ago and reinstalled PhotoShop7. When I view a pic in My Picture's and open in PS7 I get that message. I can open PS7 and pick the photo and it will allow me to work on it then. I also use Registry Mechanic and may have deleted a certain file. Wondering which way to go now??? Thanks for any tips !!!!!

May be a problem with the file association? In My Pictures, right-click the graphic file you're trying to open and look at the Properties. There should be something like an "Open with:" setting. Reset it to PhotoShop to make sure it's set correctly. Don't know if that's the problem, but worth a try. What OS are you using?

- Kurt

Comment

Thanks .... WXP Home Edition SP2

Comment

Hi,

chances are that either the xp install or the PS7 install went wrong. What I suggest is to uninstall PS7 (copy your presets folder and save it somewhere safe if you have custom brushes and actions first then put it back afterwards).
        Run sfc/ scannow (go to start>run and type that in, this will check the fundamental windows files) you may/will need your windows disk. If you don't have one i'll tell you how to do it the long way.
        Then reinstall PS7.
        Also use regscrubxp (search google for it - it's freeware and it's safe). It comes recommended by a pc journalist i know as being one of the better reg cleaners for xp. That and easycleaner from toniarts which is also freeware.

give that a go and see how you get on,

cheers............

Comment

Thanks for the Help!!! Got her working Now !!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jenjen
            saving to a CR-RW
            by jenjen
            I had a problem saving pictures to my CD-Rw. I have Window XP and was using photoshop to save a bunch of pictures to a CD. I successfully saved to it but i could not resave on it. I open the picture back up and did some corrections and tried to save it or replace it, When i did this it said that i need...
            08-16-2005, 11:39 AM
          • skydog
            Startup help
            by skydog
            I have Windows XP and my "start-up" file has been corrupted. Fortunately, I have a CD which allows me to boot from my A drive.

Is there an easy way to repair the start-up file on my hard drive without reinstalling Windows XP?

Thanks...
            07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
          • archkre
            Stupid questions
            by archkre
            1) How to I do to open Windows Explorer and appear in C:
            and not in My Documents , and the same for save as/
            open in the different programs?

2) Do you now any method or plug-in in Photoshop to make the lines
            of a line work drawing look thinner ...
            09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
          • i.ilievski
            Windows XP crashing constantly
            by i.ilievski
            HI...

My operating system is crushing constantly for the past few months, and I'm always receiving the following error:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I've tried everything, read...
            11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
          • d_kendal
            I can't take any more of XP!!
            by d_kendal
            I've really had it with windows (and it's not because
            I'm inexperienced - I've used 3.1, 95, 98, and XP) I've had sooo many problems and it hasn't really helped deleting everything and reloading Windows, so I give up. I'm very soon switching to Linux (Mandrake 8.2).
            When I first bought...
            03-27-2002, 02:13 PM
          Working...
          X