Creating brush tip... how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating brush tip... how?

I saw in someones palette a brush that was not the typical hard round and soft round that is default to photoshop. It began as quite small, then progressively got wider. How was that brush created, or is it a default brush in photoshop? If so, did they put it in an obscure folder somewhere on the disk or in the software? Please advise.

Originally posted by pjstaley
    I saw in someones palette a brush that was not the typical hard round and soft round that is default to photoshop. It began as quite small, then progressively got wider. How was that brush created, or is it a default brush in photoshop? If so, did they put it in an obscure folder somewhere on the disk or in the software? Please advise.
    Check in your equivalent of:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Brushes

There are a number of .abr files there. From the Brush palette, choose "Load Brushes..." to add the brushes from the selected .abr file to the end of the existing selections.

If you don't find what you're looking for among these .abr files, it's possible the person either downloaded the brushes from the Internet (there are zillions of custom brushes available for download) or created a set of custom brushes himself.

Search on "custom brushes" in Photoshop's Help topics or use Google to search on photoshop custom brush tutorial for how-to-do-your-own instructions.

Does any of this help?

Comment

found it!

Hi Danny,
      I clicked the "fade" option in the size jitter and it gave me what I was looking for. Thanks for your time. I think a little more effort on my part may have been appropriate.
      Peggy

Comment