Any shortcut to creat a new channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any shortcut to creat a new channel?

for example, I wanna get a red channel copy.
    Thanks

Realaqu

Select channels tab, right click on channel required and choose, duplicate channel, else record it as an action (presuming you are pc), else drag the channel onto the new layer icon

Comment

Realaqu

Does this help

http://www.sifre.demon.nl/pages/photoshop.html

Ken

Comment

Thanks Cass and Ken,
        Looks like I have to record it as an action.

Realaqu

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• st.james
          B&W-channels-saving
          by st.james
          sometimes, when you view a color-picture channel by channel, you might like and want to save it as a B/W photo, lets say the green channel. How is this done?
          05-08-2009, 05:50 AM
        • abdul10000
          Using Channel Mixer Effectively
          by abdul10000
          The channel mixer is truly wonderful in adding details to burned channels (in portraits its the red channel usually).

The problem is that when using the green channel to boost detail in the red channel, the overall color of the skin changes from natural red-pink to grayish yellow. No color...
          03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
        • Andrew B.
          Nondestructive Channel Operations
          by Andrew B.
          Methods for channel blending usually involve destructive methods such as Apply Image or Channel Mixer. But there is another method that is not only nondestructive, it also allows you to use the power of layers when dealing with channels. Here's how it works:

Let's say you have a dirty...
          01-14-2003, 10:19 PM
        • Maroon
          How to Replace Channel?
          by Maroon
          I use Photoshop CS3, and though I spend a fair amount of time working with channels, I've always had trouble switching them around. I normally convert a channel into a layer before I begin working with it, just because I like the flexibility. I'm sometimes able to replace the old channel through Apply...
          02-18-2008, 04:28 AM
        • RAdams
          Merge channel action
          by RAdams
          Hi all,
          I have been trying to create an action for swapping channels. I am able to record "split channels", but when I merge channels it does not record. No amount of talking or pleading with the program seems to help
          I'm using PS 6.01...thanks for any help.
          Randy...
          10-14-2003, 08:57 AM
        Working...
        X