Photoshop Lighting Effects styles missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Lighting Effects styles missing

My CS2 has lost the lighting styles. How do I get them back?

Filter...Render...Lighting Effects....Styles drop-down dialog box has a blank field for styles options

There should be the following options: 10 O'Clock, 2 O'Clock Spotlight, Blue Omni, Crossing, etc. There should be a total of about 18 options and I have none.

I checked my Plug-ins/Filters/Lighting Styles directories and the files are intact in their directory, but CS2 just will not access them.

Can somebody help with a solution?

Thanks
    MJ

If the files are all there, then is seems that PS has just forgotton how to get there.

There is a file called PluginCache.psp that seems to hold this information and which you will find here..

...Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

(OK, this is for 7.0 obviously, just substitute CS as appropriate)

You can try this.
    1) Close CS;
    2) Change the name of PluginCache.psp to xPluginCache.psp; (I wouldn't delete it yet, just change the name)
    3) Start CS again; It will take considerably longer now because CS has to localize all the plug-ins from scratch (that's why there was a cache file )
    4) There is now a brand-new PluginCache.psp file.

With a bit o' luck the problem has solved itself.
    If not then

Last edited by byRo; 03-09-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Lost Photoshop Lighting Styles

I have the same problem that that midnitejam has, my Lighting Styles are just blank. I am using CS2 ugraded from 7.0. Adobe was no help. I even copied another users filter and replaced mine and still nothing.

Any other suggestions? Maybe I missed something, but did anyone ever get this to work?

Comment

Check in Photoshop: Edit=> Preferences=> Plugins and Scratch... check the box for additional plugin folders and put in the correct directory/s close and reopen PS... see if that works.

Comment

Lost Lighting Styles

Thanks for the help, but they are still missing.

Comment

I just noticed that mine are missing too. Its not a big deal for me since I've never used them but this must be a common problem.

Comment

Had the same problem with CS2. (something else in PS to explore now, thanks )

Solution:

In windows XP many users turn off the indexing service (I did) to speed up their PC. You need to turn this back on for the lighting styles folder ???

Navigate to c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-ins\filters
              Right click lighting styles folder and choose properties. Then click the advanced button.

Tick the box that says for fast searching allow the indexing service to index this folder. click OK and then allow the service to index files & sub folders.

Re-start PS.

Done.
              Last edited by Tpage; 05-28-2006, 02:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Lighting Styles back on

Hey Tpage!!!

Your a genius!!!!! Turning the indexing service back on worked. And may I say how completely weird, but whatever.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Re: Need Help With PhotoShop (Render Styles)

Originally posted by Tpage View Post
                  Had the same problem with CS2. (something else in PS to explore now, thanks )

Solution:

In windows XP many users turn off the indexing service (I did) to speed up their PC. You need to turn this back on for the lighting styles folder ???

Navigate to c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-ins\filters
                  Right click lighting styles folder and choose properties. Then click the advanced button.

Tick the box that says for fast searching allow the indexing service to index this folder. click OK and then allow the service to index files & sub folders.

Re-start PS.

Done.
                  Just had the same problem myself and came across your post whilst searching for a solution.

Would just like to say thanks very much.

Comment

Re: Need Help With PhotoShop (Render Styles)

Originally posted by Wadey View Post
                    Just had the same problem myself and came across your post whilst searching for a solution.

Would just like to say thanks very much.
                    A belated welcome, Wadey. Glad you found a solution here.

~Danny~

Comment

Working...
                    X