I broke my brush :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my brush :(

I dont know what I did but now no matter what size of picture or brush I'm working with, I always get the crosshair rather than the round brush. What did I do and how can I fix it?

Check your preferences, there's a setting for actual size brush. You might also have your caps lock key on (the shortcut for the brush cursor).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I had capslock on - silly me. Thanks doug.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jaz
        PS7 Brush size bug
        by jaz
        Periodically, PS7 loses the setting which shows the current brush, graphically as you size it. I have the cursors options set to brush size. It works 90% of the time but every once in a while it just shows the crosshair no matter what size I make the brush. I have to quit and reload photoshop to get...
        12-19-2002, 04:45 PM
      • maureeno
        ?? on adjusting PS6 brush sizes
        by maureeno
        Is there a way to increase or decrease custom brush sizes in PS6?

Thanks,
        Maureen
        09-04-2005, 01:57 AM
      • e.b.west
        Q: What is a soft brush?
        by e.b.west
        OK, here it is:

I'm starting to progress(?) from just using filters to also using brushes. Many of the tutorials I read say "use a soft brush". What exactly is a "soft brush"? I'm using Elements 2 and I beleive most of the brushes are the same as PS.

05-13-2003, 12:35 PM
      • santoro80
        Healing brush with soft or hard brush?
        by santoro80
        I'm just reading a book "Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers" and the authors says that healing brush is "best used at full opacity and with a hard brush (just about the opposite of the clone stamp tool)".
        I didn't know that. I always used healing brush with soft brush....
        01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
      • Pbrennanca
        Brush Size Circle
        by Pbrennanca
        In CS4, I can't figure how to change the view of the brush size from the little cross hairs back to the circle.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
        11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
      Working...
      X