X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Photoshop Problem

By Ed Ladendorf on Thursday, August 02, 2001 - 11:35 am:

Hi Everyone,

I've had an intermittent problem with Photoshop 5.0.2 for some time now. Sometimes when I try to use a hot key, nothing happens. If I do manually what I've been trying to do with a hot key, the next time I try the hot key, it seems to work okay. There have been numerous times when I try to change brush sizes with a hot key, and nothing happens. If I go to Window > Show brushes, as soon as I can see the brushes on the screen, the hot key becomes useable again. In some instances, I've saved the file, closed the file, then re-opened the file to get things back to normal. This might not be absolutely necessary, but I haven't found the fix, as with the brush size mentioned above, without closing and re-opening the file. The preferences file was deleted, but that didn't help. Any words of wisdom out there?

Ed

By Amanda K. Jones on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 10:52 am:

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure if these are words of wisdom or not, but you may try reloading Photoshop. I had a few bugs of my own--like the default background and foreground colors kept changing--and the brushes with brush sizes appeared white instead of black in the options bar. I reloaded everything and it seems to work fine now.

You may also want to make sure your preferences are set the way you them in Edit-->Preferences. I think they have something in there that refers to shortcuts. Those are my ideas.

Amanda

By Ed Ladendorf on Friday, August 03, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have my preferences set to my liking, but I haven't tried to reinstall Photoshop. That kind of sounds scary to me since I have *very* little knowledge of computers.

Ed
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning
Working...
X