Downlaoding "actions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downlaoding "actions"

Sorry to be a bit thick, but this is the first time I've tried this....I've downloaded an action for PS, now all I need to do is find out where to put it to activeate it, any help please......John

Here is the path> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions
    Good luck!

Comment

oltenius

Thanks for the info....I've copied and pasted the "action" into "Photoshop Actions" restarted PS but I see no "action"....have I done it wrong?.....John

Comment

Hi Britsdad,

Originally posted by Britsdad
        've downloaded an action for PS, now all I need to do is find out where to put it to activeate it, any help please......
        1) The action you downloaded is contained in a .zip archive:
        • Open your .zip file, highlight the .atn file it contains and extract it to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop XX\Presets\Photoshop Actions ... provided you installed PS in that (default) directory ...If you installed PS somewhere else, search for your Presets\Photoshop Actions Folder and extract your .atn file there.

• Open Photoshop, go to the 'Actions' Palette, click on the little arrow on the top right of your Palette, select 'Load Action' from the menu and, in the browse window, (it should already be configured to open the right Folder) click on the new action you downloaded ... The action is now added to your Palette ... Just double click on it to activate/use it.

2) The action you downloaded is an .atn file:

Simply place it in your Photoshop Actions Folder and continue as explained in the second point above.

Hope this helps!

Comment

You gave me an incomplete information! By Flora you can have a complete quide.
          Regards.

Comment

Ah!!!!!

Thankyou Flora and oltenius...So that's how it works is it!!!!....John

Comment

My pleasure!

Comment

You are welcome, John!

Comment

P.S. you can drag and drop a atn file into opened ps (well 7 you can ) the only thing is when you open the zip drag into my documents ( or somewhere similar ) then drag and drop into ps
                  hope this helps

Palms

Comment

Thankyou palms1

I'll try that on next one.....John

Comment

Cheers palms1

Yep, it works like that in CS too....much easier.....John

Comment

Glad it worked for you britsdad if you havent been there already, there are some brilliant actions at
                        http://www.atncentral.com/

Palms

Comment