editing text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing text

I've created a brochure with ps and every time I try to click on the text to edit , it creates a new text layer. How can I just edit the text I've already created without creating a new layer? Why is text such a pain in PS? I know it would be easier to use quark or indesign, but I don't know how to use those programs
    Attached Files

Re: editing text

Chances are, you are not clicking directly on the type with the type tool to edit it. If you're not over the text you want to fix, Photoshop creates a new layer.

One sure way to get the correct text selected to edit is to double-click on the text icon on the layer of text you want to fix . . . this will highlight the entire block of text. Then you can just move the text input cursor via the keyboard arrows or the mouse.

Comment

Re: editing text

In the Layers Palette, if you double click on the icon for the text layer you want to edit, it will automatically select all the text in that Layer.

Hope this helps

Peter

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dhanchey
        Text Warp
        by dhanchey
        I am new to Photoshop and want to add a colored background to warped text that follows the shape of the text and is no higher or wider than the text. Is this possible?
        01-01-2004, 05:02 PM
      • Joe Busuttil
        Shifting text
        by Joe Busuttil
        How to shift block of text horizontally in WORD?
        03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
      • gogamer2007
        Unblur Text
        by gogamer2007
        Can someone unblur this text for me so I can read it. my sister likes playing games with me but im not in the mood to play right now lol...
        06-05-2010, 01:39 PM
      • jarulex
        RAPIDWEAVER 5.4 Styled Text pages
        by jarulex
        RW 5.4
        Styled Text pages, editing photos with ‘media editor’ makes them invisible if previewed with Firefox and Chrome (but everything works with Safari).
        Someone can tell me how to fix it? Thanks
        01-04-2015, 09:24 AM
      • Lofty1967
        Circular Text
        by Lofty1967
        Hi Guys,
        Can anyone advise on how I can follow one of the inner circles of this buoy with some text that I would like to add.
        Many thanks
        Lofty...
        06-17-2012, 05:56 AM
      Working...
      X