X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey florio
    replied
    Re: Fade function after using a Photoshop Filter

You can also run the filter on a copy of the layer - then you have blending, opacity (fade) and mask available for future tweaking.
    The fade command is always gone before I ever think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Swampy
    replied

Although it will still probably be an option in the edit menu, CS3's smart filters will give you more flexibility. With "fade" you have one shot. With smart filters you can go back weeks later and adjust a filter application or even delete it altogether.

Leave a comment:

• CJ Swartz
    replied

Charles -- that is a very good point.

You can also do it in Photoshop version 7 (and I'm sure in CS and the new CS3).
    Another neat thing is you can choose a blending method (similar list as in layer blending modes) for the effect when you fade it -- one useful one is luminosity as it can eliminate color from an effect you applied that is unwanted.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesBell
    started a topic Fade function after using a Photoshop Filter

Fade function after using a Photoshop Filter

Picked this up while reading a new book on astronomical image processing:

Immediately after using any of PhotoShop CS2 filters, you can go the Edit menu and select Fade ... to fine tune the application of that filter and get very precise results. The idea is to apply a bit too heavy and then fade it to get it just right. This could be used when some factor in a filter tool is too coarse and you want finer control.

Related Topics

Collapse

• hawkeye60
    Multiple filter listings Photoshop 7
    by hawkeye60
    I wondered if anyone has seen this behavior in Photoshop. Double listings for Extract, Liquify and Pattern Maker. I've had this happen on several occasions, but I have no idea what the cause might be.
    Everything still functions normally, just double listings....
    04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    TIP: no filter surprises
    by Doug Nelson
    When using the 'preview' function in many filters (especially USM) the preview can differ from the final result. Try opening another view of the document and setting it to 'actual pixels' while using the filter. Frequently having one set to view the entire image and another zoomed in can show different...
    08-22-2001, 01:16 PM
  • Andrew B.
    Filter Forge becomes less expensive
    by Andrew B.
    Filter Forge has added two less-expensive versions of their software.

Basic edition costs $99 and allows full use of all filters in the library. As I am typing this there are 2265 filters in the library, and the number is always growing.

Standard edition costs $199, and...
    05-17-2007, 11:13 PM
  • mashny
    Question about smart objects and filters
    by mashny
    Hi:

I've been using Photoshop CS3 for a few months and am having a problem with it: when I use filters in smart objects, the settings I use in my filters don't show in the picture unless I have the filter open. When I close it it's as if I hadn't applied any filters.

04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Filter Forge
    by Doug Nelson
    "On the surface, Filter Forge is just a Photoshop plugin, a pack of filters that generate textures, create visual effects, enhance photos, process images. However, there are 3 things that make Filter Forge unique:

1. You can create your own filters. Filter Forge comes with a visual
    05-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Working...
X