Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea how to solve this Photoshop color issue?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea how to solve this Photoshop color issue?!?

Hello worldwide fellow Photoshoppers,

Here's my issue - I open this photo in the explorer picture viewer (own a PC) and it looks great, HOWEVER when I open the same image in Photoshop (set on sRGB 8bits) the colors are off and there's a green line over her face...

It's annoying because I guess the problem is with the color profile or related to this field somehow, but I have no idea how to solve this problem.
    Does anyone have a clue?
    I am SURE I'm not the first one to bump into this issue.
    Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Zohar Lindenbaum
    Attached Files

Re: Any idea how to solve this Photoshop color issue?!?

Check your Edit > Color Settings and turn on the 3 check the Color Management boxes for profile mismatches.
    IE picture viewer and browsers do not manage color. More than likely you do not have Photoshop color management policies set correctly. So when you are opening the image, Photoshop is probably treating the images color profile differently from what it is. Consequently the colors look different.
    Regards, Murray
    Attached Files

Comment

Murray,

Thanks but it didn't solve the problem. I checked the 3 boxes, and still... i open the image it still has the green lines and looks like it reads the same color profile of whatever it was before.
      after changing the configuration I didnt forget to restart the Photoshop... but it didnt help.

Thanks for trying, still looking for a solution, any other ideas?
      Zohar

Comment

Zohar, Photoshop is not causing the color bands you are seeing, it is just seeing what is there. The image looks like it has been posterized somewhat. The original might have been over-saturated. It may also have been converted to/from index mode. Improper Color Management may make the image look more or less dull or saturated but won't give you the posterization you are seeing (unless you go through some strange color profile conversion).
        You can add a blank layer set to Color blend mode and paint over the areas to change their color. You may need to even out the luminosity first.
        Regards, Murray
        Attached Files

Comment

Murray,

Everywhere else I pull the image it looks perfect, including other computers as well.
          The assigned profile of this image is Working RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
          The problem occurs only when I open it up in the Photoshop on this specific computer.

I see why you think it was posterized, indeed it does look like this effect, but this is not the issue in this case.

Its just doesnt make sense for me to try and "fix" this image while i know this problem will reoccur in the future :/

Thanks a bunch for trying, I would be thankful for any other ideas you/anybody else got.

Comment

If what you have posted is a screen shot, your video card may be shot. Try opening OTHER images that have a similar look and see if the problem persists. It doesn't matter if you think it looks ok in other programs. PS is the one that counts.

Comment

I have opened the same image on a different computer in CS3, and it looks just perfect.

I'm working on different jobs using various images and they all look good, so I know its the way Photoshop treats the image... however the assigned profile is the right one, its RGB 8 bits *sigh*

something is wrong, i just cant point what it is... *sigh again*

Comment

your video card is dead.

Comment