Can't save as bmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't save as bmp

After removing a yellow tape mark by duplicating the red channel, adjusting curves, saving it as a new doc. and then applying it, my options to save the corrected photo are limited. I'm trying to save these files for my siblings who have all requested that they be in bmp format. There's no option to save as a bmp anymore. I've even tried to 'trick' photoshop by selecting all, and copying to a new document, but even that won't let me save as anything except: psd, pdd, cin, sdpx, dpx, fido, psb, pdf, pdp, raw, png, tif. Any ideas?

Scratch this... I figured it out.
    Last edited by lcramer53; 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM. Reason: Solved problem.

Re: Can't save as bmp

Hi,
    Do you have checked if you are in RGB, 8bit, mode? An unsupported mode can prevent you to choose BMP to save your file.
    Hope it helps,
    CB

Comment

Re: Can't save as bmp

Yes cebe, that was the problem, thanks for your reply.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jarulex
        save as JPG
        by jarulex
        Hi Folks!
        sometimes after a photo retouching of a raw pic I'm not able to save it as Jpeg, I mean Photoshop doesn't give me this option -just a reduced number of options- and I didn't understand so far why and when this happens...Any suggestion to give me? Thanks.

ps it seems...
        12-10-2009, 01:48 AM
      • winwintoo
        Save! Save! Save!
        by winwintoo
        Save! Save! Save!

Margaret
        03-27-2002, 12:52 PM
      • saumya
        configuring save option automation
        by saumya
        hi guys,
        i have a script file which saves the layers as png files.But what i want is to configure the png saving options.Can i do that?if yes how?
        Currently what it is doing is it is saving the png as we save it from file menu save as but what i need is it should save from save for web...
        07-22-2005, 04:47 AM
      • Cassidy
        Why does save to jpg or save to web change colours?
        by Cassidy
        Can anyone give me any advice. I am finding more recently that often skin tones are dramatically changed when I save to web and/or jpeg. It seems to desaturate the reds out of skin tones, but will leave other true red items in tact. Any ideas please?
        08-19-2007, 08:53 AM
      • Gerald McClaren
        Save unfinish photo as Jpeg or Tiff
        by Gerald McClaren
        I would like to know if the picture you are restoring is a Jpeg and you restore part of the picture, do you save the unfinish photo as a Jpeg or Tiff.

Gerald McClaren
        09-21-2005, 12:53 AM
      Working...
      X