Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Lighting Filter Styles

Hi,

I apologise in advance as this is a topic that has been disgussed in the past but I have not been able to find a solution to date.

Running CS2 on windows vista business I cannot apply any of the lighting filter styles as they are missing from the drop down list. I have read and applied all solution from previous threads about this problem (checked indexing, renamed cache, redefined preferences, rebooted) but still cannot get the styles to appear in photoshop.

I have the lightingeffects.8bf file and lightingeffects folder with all the preset style in the plug-ins folder.

When I also try to save my own style I get an error message saying an error occurred when trying to save the style.

Any help would be so appreciated, sorry to bring up this problem that has already been solved for other users.

Thanks in advance

Re: Missing Lighting Filter Styles

At the risk of being compulsive in trying to solve these little problems, what an uplifting relief it is when you stumble upon the solution.

After days of re-installing and trial and error changes, I found the fix for this little problem if running Windows Vista. The fix is similar to the XP fix in a previous thread:

Navigate to your plug-ins folder (windows/program files/adobe/photoshop cs2/etc.......), right click on the lighting styles folder, click properties, then click advanced.......the below settings finally brought back my lighting styles:

UNCHECK - folders ready for archiving
    CHECK - Index for faster searching
    UNCHECK - Compress to save disk space
    UNCHECK - Encrypt

It was the unchecking of the 3rd option that brought back my styles and sanity. Time for a top up beer, 09 off to a good start....

Happy new year to all.....

Comment

Re: Missing Lighting Filter Styles

Happy you got your styles back. Happy New Year!

Comment