Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment layers again ...

One last question on this for now :

Can you use the layer filters (e.g. distort, pixelate, artistic etc) as adjustment layers, i.e. as non-destructive filters? If so how?

Regards

Manfred

Re: adjustment layers again ...

Here's the answer I put in your other post. You should probably close this one out since they are duplicates.

I'm not sure what CS4 offers as enhancements. But, there are at least two simple means of doing so in CS3.
    (a) merge your work up into a new layer (ctrl-alt-shft-E) and do the filter work on that layer. It is non-destructive to the previous layers.
    (b) also, if you desire to go back and modify the filter settings later, do the same step (ctrl-alt-shft-E), then convert to a smart object. Now apply the filter. You will now be able to go back to the smart object and make changes to the filter if need be.

Comment

Thanks once again TommyO.

Cheers
      Manfred

Comment

I'd like to point out something here. You do not need to merge your layers (and loosing whatever non-destructive editing you had going) to convert to a smart object. Just select all layers you need and then choose smart object - this will allow you to double-click the smart object later to edit the original layers inside.

Comment

Working...
        X