Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving "Recipes" For Photo Editing Process

Hello.
    I wanted to know, is there a toll which let me record the editing I applied on a picture.
    A list of the Filters / Adjustments etc.. and their parameters I applied on the photo to be saved.

Sometimes I see a picture I processed and want to achieve the same effect yet I don't know how I achieved it at the time.

Thanks.

Re: Saving "Recepies" For Photo Editing Process

there is an option to have photoshop log every move that you make but i don't know if it keeps track of any filter settings

Comment

Well you could make an action of the process in Photoshop and use that.

Comment

Too many Actions.
        I just need something like XML / TXT file with the commands and parameters.
        Think of it as Processing History of the file.

I know some RAW editors has it.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Saving "Recipes" For Photo Editing Process

Go to PS Preferences and then the General tab. Make sure History log is checked and then text file and detailed. Once you close the session of PS open the text file and you will see just about every move you made.

Comment

Re: Saving "Recipes" For Photo Editing Process

Thanks for this info, DWT. I have never checked what I do not know anything about. so I miss out on somethings for being lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drazick View Post
              Too many Actions.
              I just need something like XML / TXT file with the commands and parameters.
              Think of it as Processing History of the file.

I know some RAW editors has it.

Thanks.

I use this trick when wanting to save info to use on another image.

Instead of saving the image as "photo art.jpeg" etc, I will enter each step I made as the title. I usually don't have too many steps to get it all in. Then I save the image in a special folder and can refer back to it later.

NOW....problem is that what works on one image can look pretty bad on another. So this works in a sort of "hit and miss" kind of way. I will have to either add or remove steps when trying it on another image. Sometimes it does work, but I never know if it will or not.

Steve C.

Comment