Clone tool help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone tool help

When I select the clone tool option I am trying to clone Copy something from another part of the picture knowing where this is from the little cross that indicates where the clone is being taken from, however instead of an actually copy it is giving me a color shade as if were a paint color I was trying to apply… How do I get it to simply copy?

Re: Clone tool help

Oiram,
    - Which version of PS are you using?
    - I assume you are holding down the Alt key (on a PC) when you sample the area you want to use as your clone source?
    - Which of the Clone Tool options have you selected?
    It would be much more helpful if you could attached a screenshot of your monitor showing how it looks after you have applied the clone tool.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Are you cloning in "Color" or "Hue" mode? Press [Shift]+[Alt]+[N] to restore to normal and see if that helps.

Comment

Thank you Der W by pressing shift + Alt + N this did reset the setting and caused it to go back to clone stamping.

Thank you for this helpful advice as I am very slow learning this program and in general a slow learner and have a handicap when it comes to this and other simple things, again thank you and problem solved

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• maverick911
          Clone Tool Help
          by maverick911
          I want to remove the furniture bottom left in this image but when I use the clone tool the area is really patchy. How can I overcome this?

I would also really like to remove the light switch but dont know where to start with that?...
          09-13-2009, 03:51 AM
        • bcarll
          Cloning tool
          by bcarll
          Is there a way when using the cloning tool to make the "alt mouse click" thingy stay put and not move while you clone? Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. ie -- I need the area I'm trying to clone to be the same repeat over and over of a selected part of a picture chosen by my "alt...
          12-05-2006, 06:19 PM
        • ralphjramirez
          Clone Stamp Tool
          by ralphjramirez
          Using CS3 and trying to use the clone stamp tool and have a question. Once I have set my source point #1 by alt/click then activate the overly, I then reposition my source as my overly shows. I then click and start painting. All works well except if I release the mouse I no longer can continue from...
          05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
        • ylwdog
          Clone Tool Question- Clone color only?
          by ylwdog
          Can the clone stamp tool only clone color rather than detail/pattern of the source area?
          12-07-2013, 08:24 PM
        • jjjay00
          The Dredded Clone Tool
          by jjjay00
          Ok, now I've heard the dredded cloning tool (PS CS2) mentioned quite a bit. The reason why I say dredded is because I can't get the hang of it...Apparently you can clone on nice skin - soft, clean, but still with pores showing in other words natural. I'm kind of getting over the flat blurred skin tone...
          04-26-2007, 06:07 AM
        Working...
        X