Patch tool not working properly

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• mdw46
    Healing Brush Tool ???
    by mdw46
    Hi,
    In the attached photo i am trying to remove the shine that the sliva is causing . Which tool is the easiest for me to use to correct this ??...
    04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  • kamrulcumba
    Healing Brush Tool and Clone Tool In Photoshop
    by kamrulcumba
    Hi,

Its my Great Pleasure as Today I have Joined Here.

For Skin Retouching which Tool is very Useful for Spot and Color Correction.

Healing Brush or Clone Tool?
    11-26-2014, 02:00 AM
  • Caravaggio
    Blurring with clone stamp tool
    by Caravaggio
    Since working with the clone stamp tool at less than 100% opacity is blurring, I am wondering if cloning with the clone stamp tool at full opacity, but with a low flow is also a form of blurring? Is this a bad practice? I sometimes do this to smooth out transitions in wrinkled clothes when the transitions...
    03-07-2011, 10:36 PM
  • fstr21
    Patch tool assist
    by fstr21
    Diggin the patch tool and all but I dont like how it has the smudging property of the heal, I would rather sometimes have a harder brush for the tool. I found no setting, so is the only work around clone?
    02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
  • wideyed
    Photoshop 7.0 Question
    by wideyed
    Hi Gang, Just been playing around with Photoshop 7.0 and i cant seem to find any way of using the Healing brush or Patch tool on a blank layer, like you can with the Rubber stamp tool. Has anyone found a way of doing this? Would seem to limit the usefulness of these to otherwise very handy tools....
    09-01-2002, 09:09 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch tool not working properly

I'm having issues with my healing brush tool. Usually when I clean up little oil stains on the ground of the photo the healing brush tool would take away the stain. However this time around it only softens it. It seems like it's only overlaying the texture on but it's not cleaning the rear. Is there any settings I could accidentally changed it?

This is what the healing brush tool is doing right now:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8626/...91004at708.png

Thanks for the time. Help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by rikaro; 10-04-2009, 10:07 PM.

Re: Patch tool not working properly

Rikaro, welcome to Retouch Pro. The clone tool when repairing, tries to maintain / match the lighting and texture of the area you are trying to fix. When the differences are very large then sometimes you get the results as you did. In this case you would be better off to try the Clone Stamp tool or just making a selection and copying and pasting it over the area you are trying to fix.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

EDIT: sorry what I meant was the healing brush tool

Hi Murray thanks for the reply. However the healing brush tool has never failed on me like this and I think there must have been some settings that's I have set it wrong. I have used photoshop since 5.0 so I know the healing brush tool isn't working properly.

Comment

I will assume that you have checked to make sure you have not selected another Blend Mode and your on the right layer and opacity is correct etc.... Try healing on another image that you have done and know it works on. Try a similar source and destination that you have successfully done on a previous image. If you are convinced that the tool has gone wonky on you, then it is possible that your PS Prefs file has become corrupt - it happens from time to time. If that is the case you will need to reset the Prefs but before doing so, make sure you save your workspace.
        Regards, Murray

Comment

Quite weird... I tryed all the blending modes of the healing brush and I don't get the same ghosty result you get. Probably you're healing in a new layer instead the background layer and that layer may not be set to normal blending mode...

Comment

Thanks I have reset my photoshop and now it works fine again. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X