PS 7 Picture Package...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS 7 Picture Package...

I use the Automate/Picture Package feature frequently. Whenever I call-up this feature, it takes forever while it collects and assembles pictures from the LAST time I used the program - which I have to subsequently change to what I want this time around. I simply want the Picture Package feature to appear quickly (like I think it should) and allow me to select images and template and go. I've tried various settings in Picture Package to no avail. Am I doing something basically wrong here? Or, is this just a poorly designed feature? I'm using a PowerMac G4/867 on OS 10.2 (Jaguar). Thanks.

Hi Mike:

Sorry it took someone so long to reply to your 1st (and only, so far) post at RetouchPRO. I just came across it.

I was just experimenting with PS7's picture package and it's behaving just as you described. Looks to me like this feature (?) is operating as designed. Seems like it ought to at least give you a choice on startup (fresh slate or use last pictures).

~DannyR~

Comment

Hi Mike and Danny
      When I pull up the package on ps7 for windows. I have a blank dialog box, unless I have a picture opened. If I do, the source box lists foremost document. If I don't I can choose from file or folder. I don't end up with the last package opened.
      I don't recall setting anything regarding this option, but I have no problem with it. I will search around and see what else I can find out.
      Debbie

Comment

Picture package - more research

Debbie:

Good catch.

Here's what further investigation (using PS7) revealed:
        * Suppose the last time you used Automate/Picture Package you specified the Source was "Use 'frontmost document.'" If there are no documents open the next time you invokes Automate/Picture Package, the preview pane will be blank.
        * If the value in the Source/Use dropdown was something other than 'frontmost document,' the preview pane will be populated -- even if there are no documents open at the time.

Interesting dialog architecture.

~Danny~

Comment