Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duplicate image without copy name is on the prompt

sorry for my english
    i use cs2 and want work on many pic with action.
    in action i use duplicate image and in this prompt naming i want file name without copy!!
    can u help me?
    thanks before u want help me

Re: duplicate image without copy name is on the pr

If I understood you correctly, you just have to hold down the [Alt]/[Opt] key while selecting "Image"-"Duplicate". This will suppress the dialog box.

Comment

no, my problem on naming in duplicate:
      for example my fle name "apple" and i want duplicate image of this
      when i use this the promt window apear and in this written "apple copy"
      i want naming without "copy". mean the name "apple"
      i use this step on action and in this part i need step without my change
      u understand.

Comment

In any application or operating system you can not have 2 files with the same identical name. If your intent is to modify the duplicate so that you can preserve the original file, the way to proceed is to modify the original and at the end of the action do a File>Save As. Then you can save the file with the exact same name but in a different folder / location or you can save the file in the same location as the orig but change the file name.
        Regards, Murray

Comment

hello my frind
          i know your idea,but now i use my idea(point to top) in the other way.
          and now i need way(point to up) until my work easyest(sorry my bad english..sorry..sorry)
          can help me?

Comment

any body not here help me?
            hey enginears!!!

Comment

It has been answered. Your program (Photoshop, or whatever software you are using) can not work on two files with the exact same name at the same time.
              Regards, Murray

Comment

i use same name in duplicate now but i want dupicate in automate script give in file same name.
                ok
                understand!!!!!!! i now use this way in this work. undestand!!!!!!!!
                ok

Comment

Originally posted by ajidehak View Post
                  i use same name in duplicate now but i want dupicate in automate script give in file same name.
                  ok
                  understand!!!!!!! i now use this way in this work. undestand!!!!!!!!
                  ok
                  If I understand what you want it is this-you want to have the action save the file that has been worked on with the same name of the original file, correct? If that is so and if it could be done, you would have to overwrite the original file with the newly created one, thereby losing the original file.

I do not have that much knowledge about creating actions to know if an action can be created that allows one to "REPLACE" the original file, like I do sometimes when it seems necessary for some other reason than using an action.

Maybe someone who is familiar with creating actions can figure this out for us. Danny?

Comment

Ajidehak

I put together this Javascript to duplicate the active document and give it the same name (no 'copy')
                    It can be called in Actions, or Batch with Action. Put it in '~Photoshop/Presets/Scripts' and restart Photoshop.

Hope this helps.
                    --Shift Studio
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shift studio View Post
                      Ajidehak

I put together this Javascript to duplicate the active document and give it the same name (no 'copy')
                      It can be called in Actions, or Batch with Action. Put it in '~Photoshop/Presets/Scripts' and restart Photoshop.

Hope this helps.
                      --Shift Studio
                      Is this for CS4 or CS5?

Comment

Works in both CS4 and CS5 on OSX.

--Shift Studio

Comment

tanks a lot for writings around my question. very tanks( mr.gholmes1936 why u type that icon " Newbie "?)(very thank you all)
                          i now download "shift studio up" and later come and tanks.
                          and nothing else matters
                          bye bye bye

Comment

Originally posted by ajidehak View Post
                            tanks a lot for writings around my question. very tanks( mr.gholmes1936 why u type that icon " Newbie "?)(very thank you all)
                            i now download "shift studio up" and later come and tanks.
                            and nothing else matters
                            bye bye bye
                            If you are talking about the baby sucking on a pacifier I just like the icon as a symbol that I will never know enough! Okay?

Comment

this script is same duplicate on photoshop and this is not i want.
                              in this dup with copy but
                              i want script dupli without copy naming and without any any and any other items, apart from only my file name
                              ok
                              anybody is here now not understand

Comment