Related Topics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel Bender problem in CS5.

Not sure if anyone here has had issues with Pixel Bender and CS5, but I'm unable to get the plugin (installed in both 32-bit and 64-bit PS CS5 via the Extension manager) getting the same response when attempting to run the filter (see attachment). Any pointers? Left a comment at Adobe's site (not the only one having an issue with PB with this same error). I am able to run the PB 2.5 toolkit with not problem, but would like to be able to run the PB plugin in CS5.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lkroll; 12-26-2010, 07:12 PM.

Re: Pixel Bender problem in CS5.

This could be helpful

Comment

Yeah; I believe my video card is just too underpowered even though PB stand-a-lone works fine. The GPU option in CS5 is grayed out so that's go to be it. Guess my next desire will have to be a better video card. Any suggestions (preferrable under $120.00)?

Comment

Just as a side note, here is the error I get with Imageskil's Displacement filter in CS5.
        Attached Files

Comment

When I try to run it PS sends out a message saying "not enough memory."
          I have enough for everything else I run. What gives? Anyone know?
          Attached Files

Comment

having the same problem, it's a great program when you can get it to work! We tried upgrading memory and updating the video driver. Computer is a Dell XPS 600

Comment

Hey Gunner; try the Pixel Bender stand-a-lone program. It works for me and is quite fast. Not sure what CS5's issue is. I did check another filter (RPM's Beautifier) with CS5 and it does work, so it's something related with an interaction of IS's Displacement filter and CS5 (this filter does work in Irfanview and GIMP; gave me a chuckle for some reason; lol). Hope you get Pixel Bender Stand-a-lone to work then you can rule out your hardware.

Comment

It's pretty 'crashy' on my new(ish) iMac as well. And I get the out of memory message sometimes...especially when I have a lot of programs running. Is PB a resource hog? FYI I run in 32 bit. Must be something in CS5 (I have the design standard version)

Comment

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
                  Hey Gunner; try the Pixel Bender stand-a-lone program. It works for me and is quite fast. Not sure what CS5's issue is. I did check another filter (RPM's Beautifier) with CS5 and it does work, so it's something related with an interaction of IS's Displacement filter and CS5 (this filter does work in Irfanview and GIMP; gave me a chuckle for some reason; lol). Hope you get Pixel Bender Stand-a-lone to work then you can rule out your hardware.
                  Lyle are you talking about the Pixel Bender Toolkit then? I can open it and load images into it. Now I guess I have to search out some filters to try out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I have tried using the Pixel Bender Tool Kit stand alone, and it works after a fashion. I don't really know what I am doing. One place I am reading mentions using it with an oil painting filter in Photoshop but that gets me the not enough memory message.

I cannot find an Oil Painting Filter for use in the stand alone Tool Kit. HELP!

Comment

Try this cool plugin. Don't believe the oil painting preset will work (though could be wrong). I guess if I'm going to be able to use this one in CS5, I'll need to get a better video card.

http://www.subblue.com/projects/fractal_explorer

Comment

How do I do a better video card in an iMac, for crying out loud?

Comment

Finally found the solution; happy I am. After another try at finding a solution, I found this cool thread. Had to modify it by replacing Photoshop/11 with Photoshop/12. Other's may have had an issue with Photoshop not working with their GPU so wanted to share this solution (which is for CS4, but I modified it to work with CS5) here too.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...56&fileID=3769

Comment

Working...
                          X