Disable ALT+[ keyboard short cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable ALT+[ keyboard short cut?

Hi all, occasionally I will accidentally hit the key combo ALT+[ and thus change which layer I'm working on. I can't find it listed anywhere in the keyboard edits menu and am curious if you know how I can go about disabling it?
    thanks!

Re: Disable ALT+[ keyboard short cut?

Look under "shortcuts for applications menu"
    and it's quite a way down.

Peter

Comment

thanks for the reply, however I am unable to find it. I opened every sub menu under application menu and its no where to be found.

Comment

It is there.

Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

sorry mate thats not what im looking for. ALT + [ is the one id like to find.

Comment

Originally posted by lukasdp View Post
            sorry mate thats not what im looking for. ALT + [ is the one id like to find.
            I've just tried it on my versrsion and using either Ctrl or Alt moves the layers up or down, so don't know the answer your looking for, maybe change that one and it changes both????
            Sorry it didn't help you.
            Peter

Comment

hey, thanks for all the help.
              CTRL+[ moves the actual layer while ALT+[ only alters which later is selected. They do different things and its odd I can only change one of them.

Comment

Lukasdp, I believe that shortcuts that are Alt + something are hard coded in PS. I am not sure if they can be modified. However I am sure that you can NOT define or change a keyboard shortcut in the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts to have an Alt + charachter. You must use it in conmjunction with Ctrl.
                Regards, Murray

Comment

I also think they're hardcoded.

However I just thought of a workaround, but it'll only work on Windows (since I have no clue about Mac scripting; a script that remaps the [Alt]+[[] to another sequence that does nothing).

Comment

Originally posted by Der_W View Post
                    I also think they're hardcoded.

However I just thought of a workaround, but it'll only work on Windows (since I have no clue about Mac scripting; a script that remaps the [Alt]+[[] to another sequence that does nothing).

I'm not sure this will work, as all custom keyboard shortcuts have to have CTRL first, I think??

Peter

Comment

Maybe you could create an action to do what you wanted the shortcut to do an simply set it on button mode so it will do it as a single click just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Peter S View Post
                        I'm not sure this will work, as all custom keyboard shortcuts have to have CTRL first, I think??

Peter
                        I was talking about a script that runs on Windows level and therefore would prevent Photoshop from ever noticing you hit that shortcut ;-).

Anyways you'd need AutoHotkey installed (freeware, you can get it here: http://www.autohotkey.com/).
                        Now just create a new file called PSBlock.ahk in your autorun folder and put the following line into it
                        Code:
                        Alt & [::

Comment