Batch process won't close files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch process won't close files?

When I batch process from within Photoshop or with Dr. Browns 1-2-3 service and I use a large batch (eg. 200 images) then the files stay open i Photoshop causing the processing to run slower and slower.
    I end up with saved and processed PSD files in the folder of my choice but all the files are still open in photoshop.
    When I batch process just a few images the files close as intended.
    How do I solve this problem?
    Thanks

Re: Batch process won't close files?

Not sure if this will be of any help (I have never tried batch for 200 images). Using Dr Browns 1 2 3 service I believe may be better via Bridge. The script can also have problems with Actions that contain Open and Close commands.

If you have not already seen it there is a tutorial here
    http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/1-2-3_SM.mov

Comment

At the end of your action just after you save / close the file, try adding one more command - Edit>Purge All and see if that helps.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post
        At the end of your action just after you save / close the file, try adding one more command - Edit>Purge All and see if that helps.
        Regards, Murray
        Great idea. I'll try out the purge all when I get home to my computer!
        I don't have a save/close command inside the action...

Comment

Well that's your problem. Forget the purge. You need to close the file in the action otherwise it will remain open.
          Regards, Murray

Comment

But I choose Save and Close i the batch dropdown menu inside PS and it works (saves and closes) when I run the batch on just a few images. With a large batch it saves but doesn't close the files. That's my problem.

Comment

Try doing a Save and Close inside the action. You could be running into RAM or Scratch Disk issues with the method you are using. As a general rule it is a good idea to do a Save As or save the output to a different folder. Over-writing the orig file is dangerous if you have a problem with your action.
              Regards, Murray

Comment

Murray, I'm curious. May I ask you, do you work for Adobe?

Comment

Originally posted by Boneappetit View Post
                  Murray, I'm curious. May I ask you, do you work for Adobe?
                  Boneappetit, no I do not work for them; I am only one of their slaves.
                  Regards, Murray

Comment

Murray: it helped to create the "save as" command within the action! I then went ahead and created a droplet and it worked perfectly.
                    Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post
                      Boneappetit, no I do not work for them; I am only one of their slaves.
                      Regards, Murray
                      LOL ! That really clear things up.. hehe

Comment