Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pen tool - Can you stroke an open ended path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pen tool - Can you stroke an open ended path?

I wondered if it was possible to stroke an open ended path, and end up with something that looks like this? I am sure the answer is going to be no, but I thought I'd ask
    Attached Files

Re: Pen tool - Can you stroke an open ended path?

Yes, you can stroke an open-ended path.

Comment

Re: Pen tool - Can you stroke an open ended path?

Originally posted by lurch View Post
      Yes, you can stroke an open-ended path.
      Thank you Lurch! That is excellent news Your reply encouraged me to do some more experimenting, and I've done it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Dr.Geezle
        Photoshop Pen Tool
        by Dr.Geezle
        I have been trying to draw an open-ended path in Photoshop 6.0 but the program keeps closing the ends. How can I keep the path open?
        07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
      • Canna W
        Pen tool query
        by Canna W
        I have come to grips with some of the basics of the pen tool (thanks to a couple of fantastic tutorials recommended at RTP.) I am stuck though on one thing - how to make a path with the pen tool, and then subtract an area from within the first path I've created. eg how to extract a smaller circle...
        04-04-2010, 07:50 AM
      • jaz
        Tutorial: Pen Tool, Creating a heart using
        by jaz
        Here's a recipe for creating valentines using the path tool. The advantage to creating shapes with the path tool is that they are stored as scaleable, mathmatical vectors and can be resized from very tiny to very large without looking jagged and grainy.

Additionally, using photoshop...
        01-13-2003, 07:03 AM
      • lacogada
        Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
        by lacogada
        Trying to figure how to use the pen tool in shape mode.

Watched a few YT videos that show people drawing shapes around hair for example,
        and you can see the pen points and as soon as they close the shape, it gets filled.

When I try drawing the shape, it is constantly...
        07-30-2017, 09:30 AM
      • Canna W
        Pen Tool. How to move anchor points.
        by Canna W
        I am struggling to learn the pen tool. I am currently working with a shape layer.

In case it might help, I have created a basic shape using a document 284x284 pixels, with the grid at the default setting. At this stage I have 2 questions....

1) How do I show...
        10-09-2011, 03:47 AM
      Working...
      X