Rule of thirds grid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule of thirds grid.

Can someone tell me how to stop the rule of thirds grid coming up as default in the CS5 crop window. I find it an annoying visual distraction.

Re: Rule of thirds grid.

I don't know how to get rid of it forever.

There are two Option Bars for the crop tool. One when you select the tool and another when you draw the crop. On the second Options bar at the top there is a drop down that shows up where you can select "None", "Rule of Thirds", or "Grid"

Set the Grid to "None", cancel the crop (which takes it back to the first option bar, and now make a tool preset named e.g. No Grid. Using this tool preset will prevent the grid from showing up.

Note that the grid setting is sticky so it will be remembered for the next crop until you either use "Front Image" or "Clear". At that point you would need to use the Crop Preset or just use the drop down again.

Another forum member may have a more permanent way of doing it yet I hope this still helps.

Comment

Re: Rule of thirds grid.

Yes, That's the problem. As soon as I set Clear or Front Image, which I do a lot,
      it defaults to the so-called Rule of Thirds.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• albatrosss
        Using Crop Tool
        by albatrosss
        I'm sure that I hit a wrong key but I can't get rid of the "width" and "height" when cropping. Prior to this, as you know, I was able to crop any way I wanted. How do I get rid of the width and height boxes.

Hope that this is clear.

Thanks.
        12-15-2006, 02:23 PM
      • Repairman
        crop tool presets
        by Repairman
        How do I set my crop tool (if that's possible?) to automatically crop any size image to 300dpi? Regardless of the dimension of the image that is. Thanks!
        09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
      • camner
        crop tool in PE4
        by camner
        In PE4, the crop tool has a drop down menu item called "use photo ratio", which I've been using to keep the aspect ratio the same as the original when cropping.

After nicely cropping a bunch of pictures, I realized to my horror that the pixel count and resolution are staying...
        08-20-2006, 10:53 AM
      • T Paul
        Cropping Without the Crop Tool
        by T Paul
        There are a lot of different ways you can crop an image in PhotoShop. Here is one way without even using the crop tool.

1. Open your image
        2. Select the rectangular marquee tool and make your selection.
        3. Go under the Image menu and select Crop and you’re done.
        02-11-2004, 03:55 PM
      • AtlanaAnna
        Suggestions?
        by AtlanaAnna
        This old picture doesn't have a lot of major problems. I cleaned up dust, dirt, scratches and used levels to lighten it up. The scan is a little crooked but I don't know how to straighten it and I know there's a way to do it. Otherwise, any suggestions on what more I should do with it?

06-04-2005, 10:09 AM
      Working...
      X