Red Mask inside Liquify won't go away :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Mask inside Liquify won't go away :-(

I was editing a file and somehow the entire file now has a red mask on top and wont allow me to make any edits inside the Liquify tool.
    If I remove the mask by deselecting the box I still cannot edit.
    This is an urgent situation. I am supposed to deliver these files now and the next to the last one is creating chaos.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: Red Mask inside Liquify won't go away :-(

did you try to click the Show Mask check box? Or try erasing the mask. Maybe you have a selection on before you go to the Liquify Filter

Comment

I just solved the issue. I believe it was a memory issue- after rebooting the issue resolved itself.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ylwdog View Post
        I just solved the issue. I believe it was a memory issue- after rebooting the issue resolved itself.

Thanks
        It's more likely that it's a photoshop bug rather than one specific to the system's virtual memory. Photoshop's sub-processes should quit when you quit photoshop, at which point any memory allocated by it would be freed, marked for garbage collection, etc. regardless of whether the application has memory leak problems. If you have something like that happen, remember that you can always save out a mesh and restart photoshop. If you're worried about saving bad changes to the psd, just save it under a different name.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hillsadam
          Mask Overlay Preview - wheres the red gone?
          by hillsadam
          Quick question,

so when working with masks in photoshop on my laptop, using the "/" i get the nice red 50% overlay to see where my mask is..

on my iMac, for some reason it goes black, i've probably changed a setting accidentally, but where is it?

05-26-2015, 01:04 PM
        • Saucisson
          warp a layer with it's mask??
          by Saucisson
          Hello all,

Tis not often I ask for help!

I'm trying to figure out how to (if possible) warp in cs3/4 a layer with mask, and affect the mask as well.

Usually I check my mask, and apply, but for this job, I need to keep the mask in place.

With...
          04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
        • albatrosss
          When do you use a "Difference Mask'?
          by albatrosss
          Yesterday I did a tutorial from Katrin Eismann's "Restoring and Retouching". It was the first time I had attempted a Difference Mask. When I had completed the tutorial I wondered why that method was recommended since an additional selection was required using another selection tool. ...
          02-03-2007, 07:48 AM
        • maverick911
          Layer Mask
          by maverick911
          I have made a selection on an image in PS CS3 and created a mask. I have selected the mask so that it appears red on the image but when I clone, the clone still works on the red area. I thought the mask should protect the image under the red area? On my layers pallet I have Background and layer 1 containing...
          06-17-2007, 02:59 AM
        • mayano
          Liquify clipping path
          by mayano
          Hello,

I have a clipping path and I want to apply liquify to the image but I also want to liquify the path.

I know this can be done because I have done it before but I can't figure out how I used to do it.

I have a layer as a smart object and attached to...
          06-25-2016, 06:22 PM
        Working...
        X