Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keyboard shortcut for choosing background color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboard shortcut for choosing background color?

Hi, When the brush tool is the active tool, holding down the option key allows one to choose a new foreground color from the image. Does there exist a similar keyboard shortcut for sampling a new background color from the image when the brush tool is active?

Is there a quicker way to select a new background color from the image than having to use the x key to switch foreground and background color positions, option clicking with brush tool, then hitting x again to reverse foreground and background color positions?

Thanks.

Re: keyboard shortcut for choosing background colo

Open the Color panel, click on the Background square in the upper left corner. From then on you'll select only background colors.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Re: keyboard shortcut for choosing background colo

ok thanks.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ylwdog
        Change background color in window?
        by ylwdog
        Somehow I changed my background screen color inside of my window in CS5, it is now black. If I toggle "F" key it will cycle through and give me a grey color but I lose my information.

Could someone offer up how to switch it back to the default bg color w/out changing all settings...
        10-19-2010, 06:59 AM
      • Swampy
        Change interface background color?
        by Swampy
        Is there any way to change the interface background color in the recent version of PSE? I find the dark background difficult to read.
        07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
      • Whacom
        Make sampled color my foreground color?
        by Whacom
        Hi everyone!
        I have a little, but annoying problem in PS that I hope someone can maybe help me with. When I'm using the pen tool and option-click to sample a color, the sampled color becomes the background color (when I want it to be the foreground color). I know that I can just click X to change...
        08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
      • graham5
        Background manipulation
        by graham5
        I believe one of the keys to a great smudge painting is the use of the background. What are some of the common techniques/tips that are used to change the background so it will better reflect the subject? Do some just repaint the background, remove it altogether and put something else there, or what...
        04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
      • dezignx
        Quick method to changing background color?
        by dezignx
        Hi,

What's the quickest way to change the background color in the image to a brown/dark brown color?

Thanks...
        08-06-2009, 11:58 PM
      Working...
      X