Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension fr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extension fr

When I double click on a .JPG file it will not open by Photoshop. It wants to use viewer.exe. I went as far as trashing viewer.exe. I have tried to change the View-->Folder-->options-->File Type. and I get a message: The extension '.JPG' is already in use by file type 'ViewerFrameClass'. Choose another extension. I also cannot find in the file types ViewerFrameClass. I have Photoshop version 4.0. HELP! I have tried everything I can think of!

Re: Photoshop: Cann't get it to open .JPG extensio

Right click on the JPG and choose "Open With". Then "Choose Default Program" and "Browse" and point it at Photoshop's exe file. Make sure "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
      File Association Editor (Open With)
      by Doug Nelson
      I'm looking for a Windows utility that can edit what shows up under Open With when you rightclick on a document. Something easier to use than the NirSoft app.
      01-16-2015, 08:00 AM
    • dungbeetle
      Driving me crazy! (about file extensions)
      by dungbeetle
      Hi everyone.

I've tried everything I can think of to solve this one, but still no luck.

I don't know if it's just my machine and/or my installation, but Photoshop 7 (I've tried the original and v 7.0.1) insists on adding a .psd extension to the file every time I try to...
      08-06-2005, 12:02 PM
    • Jeffrey2134
      JPG when saved not readable in file folder
      by Jeffrey2134
      Using Adobe Element 5 I bring in a photo and make my changes. Then click on the X to close the editor, and when asked to save... I rename it and save the file to another folder or same folder as a JPG. When I go to look at it it has no extension that I can see and will not let me see it. I've been doing...
      09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
    • thibcorm
      Error message: "drawing file is not valid"
      by thibcorm
      I'm using version 2004. A friend sent me two files (generated by someone other than him).
      When I tried to open the files in version 04 (which is what I use)... I've got the same error message (drawing file is not valid).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
      11-06-2014, 10:15 AM
    • pavel123
      Handling file as GIF in Photoshop/Image Ready
      by pavel123
      Software Photoshop CS2/Image Ready CS2

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and knows an easy way out.
      I found that Image Ready would allow me to save files in PSD format only, while Photoshop can save in pretty much any format. I remember installing Photoshop/Image Ready...
      07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
    Working...
    X