Ps cc 2015.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps cc 2015.5

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried the new Photoshop 2015.5. If so have you experienced any difficulty with the new "Select and Mask Feature," TIA

Re: Ps cc 2015.5

I don't even know what that is. I mask complex shapes using channels.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberwasp View Post
      I was just wondering if anyone here has tried the new Photoshop 2015.5. If so have you experienced any difficulty with the new "Select and Mask Feature," TIA

There are a lot of comments online about how poorly it works. I have also had issues with it. Hope Adobe remedies that.

Here's one well known retoucher commenting on it: http://retouchist.net/blog-1/2016/7/...e-in-photoshop

Comment

I just tried it with no problem at all. It's pretty slick. Make a selection, I use the Quick Selection Tool, go to Select/Select and Mask. The Refine Edge dialog will open. Chose you setting, and click OK. Nothing appears to happen, until you select an adjustment layer, then the selection you made creates a layer mask. Very nice for selective tone adjustments.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• camner
          Quick mask and Layer Mask
          by camner
          Ok, so masking is really the equivalent of selecting, only easier (often) to work with. At least I think that's right.

Making a selection and then applying a quick mask is easy. Extending the mask with a brush is easy. It seems to me that it's only useful if one can convert the mask...
          05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
        • ylwdog
          Select Masked out object
          by ylwdog
          I have a masked an object. I now want to select that object and copy it w/out the mask and paste it to a separate layer or file.
          I attempted to use a quick mask on this layer on the object not the layer but that selected the entire area including the masked out portion.
          Any suggestions?...
          03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
        • PixelMover
          PS6.0 QuickMask problem
          by PixelMover
          here's one I haven't come across earlier..
          When using quick mask, the area I mask is pale red, as if I had set opacity to 10% or so..
          And when I exit quickmask, the whole image is selected (as in 'select all'), not the part I masked.
          Checked all my settings, opacity is 100%, mode...
          07-13-2002, 07:21 AM
        • bobzilla
          How Do I Add My Selection to A Layer Mask?
          by bobzilla
          I know how to paint in the Layer Mask to make a mask, but say I use the Lasso or Magic Wand or Color Range to make a selection. How can I transfer that to my Layer Mask?

I'm in PS 7.

Thanks...
          08-15-2004, 05:55 PM
        • DJ Dubovsky
          13 Photoshop Selection Tips
          by DJ Dubovsky
          Photoshop Selection Tips:

To smooth out selection edges –
          Draw out your selection using the Lasso tool then , press ‘Q’ to enter the Quick Mask mode and then go to Filter>Noise>Median. Adjust the Radius to smooth out the edges. When you’re done just press “Q”...
          06-02-2002, 06:19 PM
        Working...
        X