No announcement yet.

what's the diff?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• camner
    crop tool in PE4
    by camner
    In PE4, the crop tool has a drop down menu item called "use photo ratio", which I've been using to keep the aspect ratio the same as the original when cropping.

After nicely cropping a bunch of pictures, I realized to my horror that the pixel count and resolution are staying...
    08-20-2006, 09:53 AM
  • albatrosss
    Using Crop Tool
    by albatrosss
    I'm sure that I hit a wrong key but I can't get rid of the "width" and "height" when cropping. Prior to this, as you know, I was able to crop any way I wanted. How do I get rid of the width and height boxes.

Hope that this is clear.

Thanks.
    12-15-2006, 01:23 PM
  • Repairman
    crop tool presets
    by Repairman
    How do I set my crop tool (if that's possible?) to automatically crop any size image to 300dpi? Regardless of the dimension of the image that is. Thanks!
    09-13-2011, 04:24 PM
  • T Paul
    Cropping Without the Crop Tool
    by T Paul
    There are a lot of different ways you can crop an image in PhotoShop. Here is one way without even using the crop tool.

1. Open your image
    2. Select the rectangular marquee tool and make your selection.
    3. Go under the Image menu and select Crop and you’re done.
    02-11-2004, 02:55 PM
  • manfred
    cropping
    by manfred
    Sorry about this dumb question.
    Whenever I try to crop a photo in a given layer, it crops the entire file, that is it crops the whole thing to the dimensions in the crop.

What am I doing wrong? Can't one crop when the image is embedded in a layer?

Regards
    12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the diff?

In the crop tool, what's the difference between original ratio and ratio?

Re: what's the diff?

It refers to the Aspect ratio. For instance 35mm is a 3:2 ratio (original) and if you set original to crop when you move the crop box that ratio is maintained. This is not always ideal hence the need for the other ratio choice where you can crop to any desired ratio

Comment

Working...
    X