Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop shape/drawing query

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post my query, but I know this forum always has provided what I was looking for because of the rich knowledge this forum has.

Anyway, here is my query.... I am trying to do a page layout for a wedding page (like a magazine style layout) and wondering how I can draw a outline shape(circle square etc...) in photoshop. I can draw filled shape (ie. a solid circle, square) but am struggling to just to draw a frame (without fill). An example of what I meant can be found at:
    http://www.gerryherft.com.au/photos/di5p.jpg - I just want to draw that rectangle broder in the example above (where the 3 little images are sitting on).

Looking forward for your assistance and thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Anon - from the Land Down Under.

Try the shape tool set to Paths (second option button in on options bar) to make the shape. Then set your brush however you'd like (color, size, etc.) and stroke the path.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Doug,

I have just tried this (selected the Path icon), then drew a rectangle with Path, it doesn't seem that I need to paint over it for some reason. Then I pasted the picture onto the page and the rectangle frame that I have created actually sits on top of the picture that I've pasted eventhough I pasted the picture at a later stage.

Questions:
      1) How can I make rectangle in different color? - I tried painted the brush with red, but it doesn't seem to work.

2) How can I make my rectangle frame to go behind the picture (instead of over the picture)?

I have attached a screen shot of what I have done for trouble shooting purpose. Once again, thank you for your help so far.

Regards,
      Anon
      Attached Files

Comment

OK.... I think I got it now.
        Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
        Anon

Comment

Re: Photoshop shape/drawing query

Originally posted by anon_uno View Post
          OK.... I think I got it now.
          Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
          Anon
          HOW DID YOU DO THIS I STILL CANT. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE

Comment

Re: Photoshop shape/drawing query

this was posted in the restoration forum. it belongs in the photoshop q&a forum, so i'm moving it there.

Comment