Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS7 Tech Support?

HI All,
    I am a newbie here. I recently got a copy of PS7 and installed it on my XP machine but it seems to crash unpredictably. It is a bit on a pain tas you might imagine. I wondered whether anyone knows of any issues relating to compatability?

Cheers

Andy

None that I am aware of. I ran PS7 fine on my XP machine - now upgraded to CS with no problems apart from the filter gallery being slow to load.

Christine

Comment

PS7 runs fine on my XP machine. What spec does the machine have? And did it come with Windows XP or did you upgrade?

Comment

Mine works fine as well, on XP.
        I recall reading somewhere that pirated copies of Photoshop will exhibit that kind of behavior (not sure if it was for v7 or just CS).
        Have you tried Adobe support?

Comment

The only mother boards that I remember causing prolem were asus P3B* series, I think prior revision 1.3... but I'm not sure.
          There was also a Sony Vaio notebook...

Usually what also causes crashes is bad memory or old videocard drivers.
          For some reson I can't access the Adobeforum's FAQ entry pertaining to crashes with Photoshop. In the meantime, look at this knowledgebase article: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2bca6.htm

Comment

You might also want to install the 7.01 update.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Of course, how did I miss that!
              you can also try that entry: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2256a.htm

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Roger Roberts
                Any problems running PS6+PS7 on Win XP
                by Roger Roberts
                I was wondering if anyone was having problems with PS6 and PS7 installed on Win XP. Seems like I read somewhere on a newsgroup that some people did. I am considering taking advantage of the rebate on Amazon but would like to keep PS6 installed because of the books and tutorials I have yet to learn on...
                05-22-2002, 09:34 PM
              • jeaniesa
                Upgrading to Windows XP?
                by jeaniesa
                I've been wanting to start a similar thread to Ed's, but with a slightly different twist. It seems like most people who have XP got it with a new machine. I don't have a need for a new machine, but am considering upgrading from Windows 98 to XP (esp. since 98 is starting to act weird again and it...
                01-12-2002, 09:17 AM
              • albatrosss
                Photoshop CS: Any problems with Vista?
                by albatrosss
                I need a new computer and will buy it shortly. I have heard that there is a problem loading and/or running Photoshop using Vista. I am using CS and wonder if anyone is having difficulties running CS using Vista. If so I will strongly consider installing XP.

Thanks.
                02-23-2008, 06:33 PM
              • Ed_L
                Windows XP
                by Ed_L
                I thought this might be a good place for you to add any interesting tidbits about XP since it's becoming more popular. Maybe you've found something that won't be easily noticed by others? Disclaimer: I have a new computer coming with XP, so the little goodies (or quirks) that come with it would be of...
                01-12-2002, 08:11 AM
              • KenB
                Photoshop CS system requirements
                by KenB
                Adobe lists
                Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 or Windows XP
                as a system requirement. Since I have Windows ME, I'm wondering if anyone is running Photoshop CS on ME. Will it run on less than Adobe has listed?

Ken
                11-04-2003, 08:53 AM
              Working...
              X