Organizing Actions in CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing Actions in CS

I would like to organize similar actions into a new set. After creating a new set I tried to drag the actions into that particular set, but it fails time after time. The selected actions only move up or down the Actions-palette, but they never get into the new set. Am I doing something wrong? I'd appeciate any suggestions.

Hans

Originally posted by hvinck
    I would like to organize similar actions into a new set. After creating a new set I tried to drag the actions into that particular set, but it fails time after time. The selected actions only move up or down the Actions-palette, but they never get into the new set. Am I doing something wrong? I'd appeciate any suggestions.

Hans
    You should be able to transfer individual actions from one action set (folder) to a different action set by dragging/dropping.

Unlike Windows or a Mac where you can have folders inside folders, Photoshop does not support action sets inside other action sets.

Does that help?

If you find Photoshop's action organization too limiting, look into a 3rd party addon called "ActionDex," which I highly recommend.

http://www.picstobits.com/adex_intro.php

~Danny~

Comment

Actions

Thank you Danny. It's ok now I think. Here is what I did. Dragged all individual actions out of their set. Deleted the set they came from. Dropped them into a new set. I will look into "ActionDex" also. Hans

Comment

Working...
      X