X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Filters in PS CS

How can I reclaim my lighting effects in Photoshop CS
    Filters>Render>Lighting Effects>Styles.
    My entire selection of styles is missing. How did I lose them? How do I retrieve them?

I don't want to re-install PS 'cause I have several aftermarket plug-ins that I don't want the hassle of re-installing.

Re-installing PS is only an option of last resort.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Are you running Windows XP. If so: in Explorer, go to the Lighting Styles folder again. Right-click on this folder, and choose Properties. Under the General tab, click Advanced, then check the box that says "For faster searching, allow Index Service to index this folder". After rebooting your computer, check to see if this has corrected the problem.

BTW, the last person I mentioned this to said it worked, even though she is on Windows 2K. But I've never seen this choice on Windows 2K, so I don't know where she found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B.
      Are you running Windows XP. If so: in Explorer, go to the Lighting Styles folder again. Right-click on this folder, and choose Properties. Under the General tab, click Advanced, then check the box that says "For faster searching, allow Index Service to index this folder". After rebooting your computer, check to see if this has corrected the problem.

BTW, the last person I mentioned this to said it worked, even though she is on Windows 2K. But I've never seen this choice on Windows 2K, so I don't know where she found it.
      Andrew B., I don't even have to try it--I know it will work! I didn't have this problem until early this morning after I un-indexed my hard drives in order to speed up my computer.

You De Mann, Andrew!!
      Thanks

Comment

Cure for missing Lighting Styles

Hi,

Another member gave me this fix, I did't belive it would work but it did. Here goes:

In windows XP many users turn off the indexing service (I did) to speed up their PC. You need to turn this back on for the lighting styles folder.

Navigate to c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-ins\filters
        Right click lighting styles folder and choose properties. Then click the advanced button.

Tick the box that says for fast searching allow the indexing service to index this folder. click OK and then allow the service to index files & sub folders.

Re-start PS.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X