TIP: Saving actions as a text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIP: Saving actions as a text file

Press ctrl+alt or command+option and select the 'Save Actions' command. This will open a dialog to let you save the action steps into a text file. Unfortunately, you can't import this text file back as an actions. (I suspect this may be a PS6 only feature, but I don't know for certain. Maybe some 5 or 5.5 user can check this for us)
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I can't talk for 5 or 5.5 but it works well in 6. As a matter of fact, it works too well. Question is, how do you get it to copy just one set or action? Everytime I do this it copies every action and set in my palette list. That makes for a mighty long text file to locate just one action in.
    DJ

Comment

This tip works in PS5.5 also -- same result -- all the actions saved at once.

I GUESS we could clear all the actions and then just record the new one we're creating and then save just that one to a text file. Then we could reload our usual actions. Don't know if anyone wants to go through all that...

Comment

My initial idea was to record what I do while working on the challenges. Once I copy it to text form, I could then use it as a guide to remember all the steps I took and settings used but if I have to dump my palette of actions everytime or search through 300 pages of text to find my challenge action, that could be a alot more work than I would want especially since I was using it as a time saver.
        DJ

Comment

Working...
        X