Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script to find/replace text in layer names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Script to find/replace text in layer names?

I`m new here and I`d like to rename my PSD layers (2 layers per PSD) so the batch process runs correctly, how do I use this script?

Comment

Absolutely AMAZING script Paul R.!!!! This is exactly what I have been searching for high and low!! Thank You Thank you THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Paul! I am using this script to rename layers and was wondering if there is a way to use this script in a recorded Action script. For example: I have 12 master files, I can run a batch using an action script that opens, updates links, then it uses your script but it requires me to type in new name, save, save as (new name), replace one linked image, then it uses your rename layer script and I have to type the new name again. So running the batch is helpful, but I have to sit and enter in info the whole time. Any ideas how I can add the layer renaming to the action script?!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been reading couple of forums and reached here which has lot of scripting geniuses around... mine is not so complicated... I just got couple of text layers with frame animation. One of the text layer have to be changed every week for which I need to open photoshop and change it manually. Is there a script to change that text automatically so that I can give it to other guys without photoshop knowledge to perform this task..

Thank you so much.

Comment

What does lenght do in the rename script? I first though it was for the depth level or so?

EDIT
            Nevermind, its for the numbers

I think ill try to edit this one allowing depth level

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• acollazo
              Script for Renaming Layers
              by acollazo
              Hello. I came to RetouchPro by following a link from Adobe Forums which said, "There is an excellent script available for Photoshop which allows you to not only replace words in layer names, but also insert words as Prefixes, Suffixes and Sequential Numbers." But I cannot find this "excellent...
              Are there any scripts to find and replace layer names? There is an excellent script available for Photoshop which allows you to not only replace words
              05-17-2018, 08:41 AM
            • infinityspiral
              Targeted layer visibility toggle script
              by infinityspiral
              First post here so sorry if this isn't in the right section. I wrote a few scripts for Photoshop that make my workflow a little easier. The script will take the currently selected layer/group and make it hidden. It also marks it with a "[T]" for toggle. Like this:

Code:
              Layer0
              11-08-2013, 02:50 PM
            • moiremusic
              script to capture layer names...
              by moiremusic
              Has anyone ever heard of a script that takes the names of all the layers and layer sets and puts them in a text file (or something else that would let me take it elsewhere, like a text layer or clipboard)?

Scripting is a little over my head, but such capability would be quite useful to...
              06-21-2005, 05:58 PM
            • jjwithers
              Layer Comps to PNG without Numeric Prefix?
              by jjwithers
              I'm going to be saving thousands of layer comps out to PNGs from a series of PSD files and i recently noticed that the script adds a numbered prefix to the name of the files. I do not want this number. Is there any way to run the script without the prefix?
              The file names will have to be specific...
              10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
            • MonsterMMORPG
              How to write a script which will read text file...
              by MonsterMMORPG
              I am far away from being photoshop expert. But i need this kind of thing

A script which will read text file

This text file will be like

Name 1 ; Type1; Type2 ; TextStyle1
              Name 2 ; Type3; Type4 ; TextStyle2
              Name 3 ; Type5; Type6 ; TextStyle3...
              07-17-2012, 01:29 PM
            Working...
            X