Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto fill in layer bounding box with color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto fill in layer bounding box with color?

I would be helpful for me l if there was a script that would take the bounding box for selected layers and fill it with a block of color. Like a "Redaction script"

I sometimes need to send test files other people, but they shouldn't see the actual content of some of the layers (security reasons). And it would take hours to fill up hundreds of layer by hand with a block of color.
    Attached Files

Re: Auto fill in layer bounding box with color?

Something like this? ...
    Attached Files

Comment

Close! But your script is doing the equivalent of "preserve transparency" then "fill". I need the contents of each layer filled with color — limited by the bounding box of each layer's contents.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hope this is better...
        Attached Files

Comment

That's amazing! One last itty bitty favor -- would it be possible for the script to use the Foreground color?

Also, it errors out if any text layers are selected. (any way for it to fail elegantly if it runs into a live text layer?)

Comment

No problem, text layers are now filled and the foreground colour is used.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul! Maybe you uploaded the old script?

It's still filling layers with black and erroring out if it hits a live text layer.
              (I also notice it errors if a Folder is selected)

Comment

This now ignores layersets...
                Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant! Works like a charm! Thank you so much. You have (actually? literally? practically?) saved me 12 hours of work!

Comment