Merging picture and text into one file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging picture and text into one file

I'm looking for a script where I can merge a file where a layout is already created with 3 layers : Name, ID and blank picture holder WITH another files where the picture is located. This other file with picture is named with the ID. I want to create a script where it will read the layer ID on the first file, open the picture file corresponding with the ID and make a copy of the picture and paste it into the first file where I have the name, ID, and now the picture holder is replaced with the right picture and it is save with the ID name. I tried with the script recording all the steps it doesn't work. It keeps only the ID I recorded the first time when I created the script.
    Some idea how to make a script where the ID change according to the file?
    Thanks!

Re: Merging picture and text into one file

This is not what you're looking for, but it is a script that renames the layer according to the filename. It might give you a hint of how to proceed.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/att...4&d=1431988001
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• clickin
      I need a Script like a mail merge!
      by clickin
      I need a script like a mail merge! I want to rename my files to the names of the students. I have a excel spread sheet with all the names and the file names. I need a script to rename the camera file name to the person's name.jpg. I hope that was clear. Does anyone have any ideas? I am new to...
      02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
    • Carbra
      Caption to File Name
      by Carbra
      Hi,

I've been working on a project for work for some weeks now and I've hit a brick wall. I was hoping that someone may be able to help?

I'm writing a script to take the caption in the File Info, puts it on the front of an image and then save it using the caption as the...
      11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
    • DannyRaphael
      Need: Script to traverse folders + allow file renaming
      by DannyRaphael
      Suppose I wanted to do in a script the functional equivalent of File > Automate > Batch...

a. Source: Use all subfolders
      b. Destination: Save and close

...plus

c. engage the File Renaming option to change the processed file name
      02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
    • jjwithers
      Layer Comps to PNG without Numeric Prefix?
      by jjwithers
      I'm going to be saving thousands of layer comps out to PNGs from a series of PSD files and i recently noticed that the script adds a numbered prefix to the name of the files. I do not want this number. Is there any way to run the script without the prefix?
      The file names will have to be specific...
      10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
    • MonsterMMORPG
      How to write a script which will read text file...
      by MonsterMMORPG
      I am far away from being photoshop expert. But i need this kind of thing

A script which will read text file

This text file will be like

Name 1 ; Type1; Type2 ; TextStyle1
      Name 2 ; Type3; Type4 ; TextStyle2
      Name 3 ; Type5; Type6 ; TextStyle3...
      07-17-2012, 01:29 PM
    Working...
    X