Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

original file name after making contactsheet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original file name after making contactsheet.

I made 2 photo's of the same coin (front and back). They have the name 97373r and 97373v. I have to combine them into 1 photo as below. I have to give the coin the name of the first photo without the letter r or v.. there are 4000 coins with different numbers so I want to do it in a batch.
    How do I manage it.
    I know how to batch, make a contact sheet. but... to give the file the name of the original file name of one of the coin seems to be very hard.
    Is there a script for this? Can someone help me?
    Thank you! Adriaan.
    Attached Files

Re: original file name after making contactsheet.

It isn't difficult to get a document name, and you can always copy the necessary characters from there. I don't know javascript well or I would paste something. You should copy/back up your files before testing this. There's always a chance something will go wrong.

A robust script will also have a sanity check that first goes through the files and checks for broken sequence numbers before making any changes. A script will fail if you have a messed up sequence number anywhere, even if you don't notice it. That's why you want one that first checks whether it could complete the requested operations before actually changing anything.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• oyster
      batch renaming
      by oyster
      There are several good reasons to retain the name, or part of the name, given by my Canon cameras to my photos. However, I can't discover how I can use the powerful and flexible batch rename in the PS Browser to include this number in my renaming schemes. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?
      11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
    • Carbra
      Caption to File Name
      by Carbra
      Hi,

I've been working on a project for work for some weeks now and I've hit a brick wall. I was hoping that someone may be able to help?

I'm writing a script to take the caption in the File Info, puts it on the front of an image and then save it using the caption as the...
      11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
    • ajidehak
      duplicate image without copy name is on the prompt
      by ajidehak
      sorry for my english
      i use cs2 and want work on many pic with action.
      in action i use duplicate image and in this prompt naming i want file name without copy!!
      can u help me?
      thanks before u want help me
      05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
    • clickin
      I need a Script like a mail merge!
      by clickin
      I need a script like a mail merge! I want to rename my files to the names of the students. I have a excel spread sheet with all the names and the file names. I need a script to rename the camera file name to the person's name.jpg. I hope that was clear. Does anyone have any ideas? I am new to...
      02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
    • RGH
      Re-name in PShop CS
      by RGH
      Can anyone tell me in plain language how to use the Batch re-name in Photoshop CS? Or direct me to a link that would explain it please.

As I was looking round the program, I just thought I would try it out.

I have tried to follow the help files but no matter what combination...
      06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
    Working...
    X