Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LUT Preview creator

Hi

Im new here but it looks like there are a lot of clever people around so i thought i would give it a shot.

Im looking to find or write a script that does the following:

1. Open an image (jpg, png etc).

2. Select a folder containing LUT's (.cube etc.)

3. Apply LUT to the image.

4. Write the name of used lut as a watermark in the corner.

5. Save example without overwriting the original.

(6.) Repeat for all LUT's in the folder.

I may be wrong but this feels like a rather simple task. Am i wrong?
    I haven't made any PS scripts before but i have worked with Javascript.

Maby something similar allready exists.

Thanks.

Re: LUT Preview creator

Try 3d lut creator. Even demo will do what you need. Problem is, output depends on input. Same lut will affect every image different.

P.S. Never mind, you can't save in Demo.
    Last edited by Tulack; 05-29-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Is it the batch processing you are refering to?

Comment

I assume you trying to have visual representation of what every LUT does to the image. I think it's pointless, because what it does for one image it will not do for another.

Comment

Here is an example. Different image affected differently by the same LUT.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...17920632_o.jpg

Comment

You can do this with either batch processing or by recording a set of actions. Javascript would be more robust if you want to define specific behavior for naming conflicts and unavailability of specific resources such as drives. A set of actions just halts upon encountering any such error.

Tulack's point is that LUTs are not guaranteed to use continuous remappings. His example is piecewise smooth, yet exhibits discontinuities across specific ranges. They aren't exactly the same as photo filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulack View Post
              Problem is, output depends on input.
              And that, combined with "knowing when you're there" is 90% of retouching.

Comment

Thank you for your input.

My main use for this will be film stock LUT's so the extreme example above isn't an issue.

The use is for quickly previewing a bunch of LUTs for video work. It is NOT for a final product.

How would you go about doing this with the batch processor? Im not sure that is possible.

Comment

There was nothing extreme. Simple LUT that changes green to red. If you have green it would work if you don't have green it will not work. Same with any other LUTs. I usually go through all of them with mouse scroll in seconds. Why saving?

Comment

Hehe. A LUT that shifts the entire red color channel ls kinda' extreme when you talk film stock emulation luts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                      There was nothing extreme. Simple LUT that changes green to red. If you have green it would work if you don't have green it will not work. Same with any other LUTs. I usually go through all of them with mouse scroll in seconds. Why saving?
                      Well it is a difference between a relatively continuous smooth mapping and a piecewise smooth mapping. Additional jumps are a significant difference.

Comment

Anyway, that is irrelevant to the OP.

Comment