read from a textfile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read from a textfile

Hi, I'm wondering how you can read the text written in a edittext field and then put it in a variable?

I hope someone knows cause what I'm trying to make is a script which makes a textlayer and in that textlayer comes what the user put in the edittextfield.

Thanks eric

Originally posted by ericsmeets
    Hi, I'm wondering how you can read the text written in a edittext field and then put it in a variable?

I hope someone knows cause what I'm trying to make is a script which makes a textlayer and in that textlayer comes what the user put in the edittextfield.

Thanks eric
    Hi Eric:

Welcome to RetouchPRO.

Ro, Scripts forum moderator, is pretty sharp when it comes to scripting. He's helped me many times.

If you haven't found it yet, another very good source for JS Q/A (when it pertains to Photoshop) is the Scripting Forum at www.Adobe.com.

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks for the nice words, Danny, but this is CS stuff and I'm on 7.0 and getting outdated.
      I'll be doing some Googling to see if I can get the hang of the CS dialog setup.

Comment

Originally posted by byRo
        Thanks for the nice words, Danny, but this is CS stuff and I'm on 7.0 and getting outdated.
        I'll be doing some Googling to see if I can get the hang of the CS dialog setup.

Adobe changed the JS libraries in CS -- an upgrade I guess, but that made some, but not all, PS7 JS code upward incompatible. I've never seen a document summarizing differences, either. That would be a handy thing to have.

Anyway, A's for effort, Ro.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• madinga
          Help with scripting
          by madinga
          Hi,

We're a small company, and we need a custom-written script, wondering if anyone out there might be up for helping us create it (for a modest payment, of course!).

It's a batch-resize script, that will run through a series of actions (already written), saving copies...
          07-23-2006, 10:54 AM
        • Nacoya
          convert cs/cs2 script for ps7
          by Nacoya
          hiya,

strange request..

i have a frame script which incorporates the image exif and also allows customisation to add lens info.

It is written for creative suite versions.

Can anyone convert this to work on ps7.

Actions i can...
          06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
        • CJ Max
          Where does CS hide the Healing Brush?
          by CJ Max
          Geez, I feel so dumb asking this, but I've just upgraded to CS and cannot find the Healing Brush. I know that it looks like a band-aide, or used to. The CS User Guide tells me on page 148 that the Healing Brush does exist. I used to be able to find it very simply in the Toolbox in PS 7; however,...
          02-21-2005, 07:43 AM
        • catia
          Photoshop CS Minimum System Requirements
          by catia
          Hi,

Is anyone running Photoshop CS on a Pentium II machine? I see the minimum requirements are listed as a Pentium III. I only have a 450Mhz Pentium II. I have been running PS7 without a problem; but, I am concerned about CS.

I know, buy a new computer. ...
          01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
        • CJ Max
          Lost Image % in CS - ???
          by CJ Max
          I've got Photoshop CS and used to have an image percentage box in the lower lefthand portion of my screen. It's disappeared. What do I need to do to restore it???

Thanks,

Cliff.
          01-22-2006, 06:57 AM
        Working...
        X