Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errata?

On page 75 the text states,

Brush options can be set only when using the Brush tool. To get the brush tool you want, choose the Brush tool, set the options (by clicking More Options on the Options bar), and then save the brush by clicking on the brush preview and choosing New Brush from the pop-up menu. After the brush is saved, you can use it with the other tools.
    When I select the brush, I don't see "More Options" on the Options bar. I can set "All Layers", "Aligned", "Normal Mode", and "100 percent opacity", but I can't set a "soft brush 85-95 percent hard" and "brush spacing set to 1 percent".

Am I doing something wrong, or is the text referring to something different? I am using PE 3.0.

I look forward to your comments.

I noticed that the healing brush has a fuller suite of properties. So I suspect that the properties for the Brush refer to an earlier version or to full blown Photoshop. In any event, no big deal.

Comment

You are not choosing the Brush tool--whatever you are using sounds like another brush oriented tool, perhaps the clone stamp? To choose the Brush press B on your keyboard (when you have anything BUT the type tool active). You will see the More Options 'option' on the right of the bar. if not, please take a screen shot and post it here.

OK?

PS -- I am NOT referring to Photoshop. This has to do with Elements 3.

Comment

Hi Richard,

I am sorry. You are absolutely correct. I am not sure what I had done incorrectly before.

Best regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• crazypatsgirl
          Healing Brush Question...Am I Losing It?
          by crazypatsgirl
          Okay, I can't figure out what I have done.

I am using the healing brush tool. All of a sudden the areas that I am healing are very highly pixelated...does that make sense? I don't know what I did..I didn't change anything, that I know of. Does anyone know what I did, and more importantly,...
          04-01-2006, 09:49 PM
        • santoro80
          Healing brush with soft or hard brush?
          by santoro80
          I'm just reading a book "Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers" and the authors says that healing brush is "best used at full opacity and with a hard brush (just about the opposite of the clone stamp tool)".
          I didn't know that. I always used healing brush with soft brush....
          01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
        • CKAJCA
          Artifacts/pixelation with Healing Brush?
          by CKAJCA
          I am getting artifacting or pixelation (that is the best I can decribe it) when using the healing brush on skin. What am I doing wrong? Forgot to say I am using CS5!

Colin
          12-17-2011, 09:36 AM
        • brock-1
          Star-pattern mystery
          by brock-1
          Here's one that has me stumped and I'm hoping the collective wisdom here can help.

I picked up a very cool trick when using the healing brush from one of Scott Kelby's books. The trick is to first narrow the brush and then to angle it at something like -49 degrees.

This,...
          03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
        • e.b.west
          Q: What is a soft brush?
          by e.b.west
          OK, here it is:

I'm starting to progress(?) from just using filters to also using brushes. Many of the tutorials I read say "use a soft brush". What exactly is a "soft brush"? I'm using Elements 2 and I beleive most of the brushes are the same as PS.

05-13-2003, 11:35 AM
        Working...
        X