Custom Picture Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Picture Package

The book discusses creating custom picture packages by editing the layout from the picture package dialog box. No where in that box do I see an edit layout button. Is this one of the tools or is this something I'm missing in PSE3? Thanks

I am sure I answered this elsewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it. The problem with the technique is that there are differences between Elements on Mac and PC in a very few places for Elements 3. This just happened to be one of them.

You have to work with the old, manual method of updating the layouts on the PC. You have to create a package and store it properly for it to be available. For example, you can use the following:

I 4 6
    2x3
    0 0 2 3
    0 3 2 3
    2 0 2 3
    2 3 2 3

And save this as a text file in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\shared_assets\layouts folder.

The parameters are separated by a single space. These are:

first line: measure (I=inches), paper width, paper height
    second line: display name
    additional lines: image placement

The image placement lines will be in the measure used. The first two numbers denote where the upper left corner of the image falls (from left and from top) and the next two define the width and height of the image.

That help?

This thread is in the wrong place...I better move it. (moved to techniques area 9/30/05)

Comment

Thanks. That helps a lot. Sorry I put it in the wrong place.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sjmac
        Print Layouts in Windows?
        by sjmac
        Hi Richard,

Just got your book, and have been flicking through to see what's included. I've found it enjoyable so far, and I (think) I like the way it doesn't duplicate the online help. I've found I need to refer to the help to make complete sense of the book text. For example, I probably...
        03-16-2005, 03:54 PM
      • Peg
        Copy & Paste
        by Peg
        I am trying to create a feature I can use in Elements 1 that I have in PSP. It is to be able to print out several different photos in varying sizes on one sheet at one printing. I created a ¼ grid on an 8x10 canvas. I then tried to copy a 4x6 photo and paste it on the grid. It pasted about a 2x2½...
        04-06-2003, 07:31 AM
      • Peg
        Copy & Paste
        by Peg
        I am trying to create a feature I can use in Elements 1 that I have in PSP. It is to be able to print out several different photos in varying sizes on one sheet at one printing. I created a ¼ grid on an 8x10 canvas. I then tried to copy a 4x6 photo and paste it on the grid. It pasted about a 2x2½...
        04-06-2003, 07:31 AM
      • John O
        Mac install problem
        by John O
        I'm using Max OS X 10.2.8. I've read all the installation related posts and still can not install the software from the book. The folder name is Photoshop Elements 2.0. The software does not give me a choice of folders although I have several with the word Elements in the folder name. The install...
        01-31-2004, 09:52 AM
      • RoxeeSBT
        Elements 2.0 or Picture it!
        by RoxeeSBT
        I am just wondering if there is a way to look up old posts that are just on the subject of Elements 2.0 or Picture It!? I am brand new to this site. I would love to read and learn about these softwares that I have.
        thanks.
        01-02-2003, 05:29 PM
      Working...
      X